Old February 13th 04, 07:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Musical Experiment?

In ,
pinter typed:

Northern Line E.P.
I will always love you - Whitney Euston
Mornington Crescent Has Broken - Cat Stevens
Camden Town - Suggs

Finchley Central is two-and-sixpence, from Golders Green, change at Camden
Town - New Vaudeville Band

Waterloo - ABBA

scarBOROUGH Fair - Simon and Garfunkel

Bob

Old February 13th 04, 07:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In ,
Ian Jelf typed:

Both Heathrow stations: "Come Fly With Me"

Reasons to to be Heathrow, 1, 2, 3 - Ian Dury and the Blockheads

And for the DLR:

When All Saints come marching in

District Line:

Knees UPNEYs up, got to get your knees up, etc

Bob

Old February 13th 04, 08:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Bob Wood" wrote in message
In ,
Ian Jelf typed:

Both Heathrow stations: "Come Fly With Me"

Reasons to to be Heathrow, 1, 2, 3 - Ian Dury and the Blockheads

And for the DLR:

When All Saints come marching in

District Line:

Knees UPNEYs up, got to get your knees up, etc

Bob

Earl's Court - Waltzing Matilda
Limehouse - Limehouse Blues

Old February 13th 04, 09:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , RayB
writes

Classical music was being played through the newly installed speakers in the
ticket hall and on the ramp at Dagenham Heathway this morning and tonight we
had Piano Music to listen to.

Is this happening at other stations?

In 2002 there were experiments in playing classical music at various bus
stations (including Hammersmith) that were deemed successful. Part of
the thinking was apparently that potential vandals and trouble-makers
tend to leave the premises because they don't want to listen to
"that rubbish" while everyone else feels more relaxed and a bit safer.

(I imagine they don't include much Stockhausen or Webern!)

--
Paul Terry
Old February 13th 04, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"pinter" wrote in message

Both Heathrow stations: "Come Fly With Me"

Reasons to to be Heathrow, 1, 2, 3 - Ian Dury and the

Blockheads
And for the DLR:
When All Saints come marching in

District Line:
Knees UPNEYs up, got to get your knees up, etc

Earl's Court - Waltzing Matilda
Limehouse - Limehouse Blues

King of Woolworths: Theydon, Bakerloo

Angus

Old February 13th 04, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Angus Bryant" wrote in message
"pinter" wrote in message

Both Heathrow stations: "Come Fly With Me"

Reasons to to be Heathrow, 1, 2, 3 - Ian Dury and the

Blockheads
And for the DLR:
When All Saints come marching in

District Line:
Knees UPNEYs up, got to get your knees up, etc

Earl's Court - Waltzing Matilda
Limehouse - Limehouse Blues

King of Woolworths: Theydon, Bakerloo

Angus

...and of course a Wombles LP should be played at constant rotation at
Wimbledon.

Old February 13th 04, 05:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:39:58 -0000, "pinter"
wrote:
"Kat" wrote in message
In message , RayB
writes
Classical music was being played through the newly installed speakers in

the
ticket hall and on the ramp at Dagenham Heathway this morning and tonight

we
had Piano Music to listen to.

Is this happening at other stations?

Maybe someone can suggest some appropriate music for various stations.
Eric Coates for Knightsbridge maybe....

Northern Line E.P.
I will always love you - Whitney Euston
Mornington Crescent Has Broken - Cat Stevens
Camden Town - Suggs

More Northern Line tracks (tracks! geddit?):

London Bridge (is falling down)
Waterloo has been mentioned by everyone else

(getting tenuous)
Golders Green - Wonder Stuff
Mor-den Words - Extreme

erm...
Kayleigh by Marillion mentions Belsize Park

I think I better leave it there. :-)

Sam
--
Sam Holloway, Cambridge
Old February 13th 04, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:00:28 +0000 (UTC), "RayB"
wrote:
Classical music was being played through the newly installed speakers in the
ticket hall and on the ramp at Dagenham Heathway this morning and tonight we
had Piano Music to listen to.

Is this happening at other stations?

Cambridge went through a phase of this - I haven't heard any piped
classics for a couple of years now, though, so I guess it's stopped.

Sam
--
Sam Holloway, Cambridge
Old February 13th 04, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian Jelf wrote:
Kat writes
RayB writes

Classical music was being played through the newly installed speakers in
the ticket hall and on the ramp at Dagenham Heathway this morning and
tonight we had Piano Music to listen to.

Is this happening at other stations?

Maybe someone can suggest some appropriate music for various stations.
Eric Coates for Knightsbridge maybe....

I'd've picked Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber...

An interesting thought. Okay, here goes.......

Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Squa "It's a Long Way to Tipperary"
(think about it)

Covent Garden: "Yes, We Have No Bananas!"

Amersham: "I Should Be So Lucky"

London Bridge: "London Bridge is Falling Down"

Both Heathrow stations: "Come Fly With Me"

A song that nobody wants to hear any more thanks to docusoaps. I suggest
"A Thousand Miles Away" (by the Hoodoo Gurus) instead.

Neasden: "Neasden"

Angel: "Angel Fingers"

You could do a whole album he Two completely different songs called
"Angel Eyes" plus "Talking To An Angel", "Angels", "Angel Of Harlem",
"Like An Angel" and anything by The Angels...

Waterloo: "Waterloo"

Wimbledon: "The Wombling Song"

Baker Street: Baker Street

Cutty Sark: "Whisky In The Jar" (again a choice of two)

North Woolwich: "Don't Pay The Ferryman"

There's a sea shanty I'd pick for Canada Water, but I don't know what
it's called.

Bow Road / Bow Church: "Broken Arrow"

Dark Side Of The Moon could provide songs for Wapping, Green Park,
Hyde*Park Corner, Greenwich, Highgate, Bank, Westminster, Blackfriars
and Clapham Common. However, I'm not sure which station the last track
would be suitable for. Are there any stations (other than ones that can
easily get songs assigned to them) where the track is held in place by
"e"*clips?

I could go on... but should I?
Old February 13th 04, 06:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

woutster wrote in message .240.23...
"RayB" wrote in
:

Classical music was being played through the newly installed speakers
in the ticket hall and on the ramp at Dagenham Heathway this morning
and tonight we had Piano Music to listen to.

Is this happening at other stations?

RayB

Should be all along the eastern end of the District.

What about the Western end?

What music would be played at stations like Richmond and Ealing Broadway?

Brad