Old February 13th 04, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Musical Experiment?

Sam Holloway wrote:

Mor-den Words - Extreme

Or: Morden A Woman - Bee Gees

--
Ian Tindale

Old February 13th 04, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:06:19 +0000, Kat
wrote in :
In message , RayB
writes
Classical music was being played through the newly installed speakers in the
ticket hall and on the ramp at Dagenham Heathway this morning and tonight we
had Piano Music to listen to.

Is this happening at other stations?

Maybe someone can suggest some appropriate music for various stations.
Eric Coates for Knightsbridge maybe....

"We Gotta Get Outta This Place", Eric Burdon & T'Animals -- for the whole
bloody London area! :-/

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Room 40-1-B12, CERN
Old February 14th 04, 09:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:06:05 +0000, Sam Holloway
wrote:

Kayleigh by Marillion mentions Belsize Park

I think I better leave it there. :-)

But not before I've mentioned "Day Trip from Barnehurst" by Jackie
Challoner and the Commuters.
--
Bill Hayles

http://billnot.com
Old February 14th 04, 09:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Sam Holloway" wrote in message

Mor-den Words - Extreme

LOL.

Kayleigh by Marillion mentions Belsize Park

"Girl VII" by St Etienne contains a "rap" which mentions about 40 places in
London (I think Dollis Hill and Tooting Graveney are in there), interspersed
with Baffin Island and other exotic places.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old February 14th 04, 10:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

In message , RayB
writes
Classical music was being played through the newly installed speakers in the
ticket hall and on the ramp at Dagenham Heathway this morning and tonight we
had Piano Music to listen to.

Is this happening at other stations?

Maybe someone can suggest some appropriate music for various stations.
Eric Coates for Knightsbridge maybe....

"4 minutes 33 seconds" played on a loop at central London Thameslink
stations on a weekend.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Old February 14th 04, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

woutster writes:

the classical music is meant to be a deterent to the kids who hang
about the stations - its been doen at several bus stations as well

I presume this is also the reasoning behind the classical music often
heard playing within the "indoors" Gate areas of Victoria Coach Station.

Though it might be intended to keep vagrants at bay as much as
delinquents. Does anyone know different?

(Every time I go into VCS and hear Mendelssohn's violin concerto, I'm
reminded that I keep meaning to buy a CD of it!)

Richard.
http://www.squarewheels.org.uk/

Old February 14th 04, 05:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , woutster
writes

the classical music is meant to be a deterent to the kids who hang about
the stations - its been doen at several bus stations as well

What an appalling idea. (Using music as a deterrent)
Although Spring played constantly while I was held in a queue for a
help-line did put me off Vivaldi for a while....
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old February 14th 04, 06:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Sam Holloway wrote:

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:39:58 -0000, "pinter"
wrote:

"Kat" wrote in message

In message , RayB
writes

Classical music was being played through the newly installed speakers in

the

ticket hall and on the ramp at Dagenham Heathway this morning and tonight

we

had Piano Music to listen to.

Is this happening at other stations?

Maybe someone can suggest some appropriate music for various stations.
Eric Coates for Knightsbridge maybe....

Northern Line E.P.
I will always love you - Whitney Euston
Mornington Crescent Has Broken - Cat Stevens
Camden Town - Suggs

More Northern Line tracks (tracks! geddit?):

London Bridge (is falling down)
Waterloo has been mentioned by everyone else

Yes, but what about Waterloo *Sunset* ?

And 'Leaving on a Jet Plane' for Heathrow

Rachmaninoff’s Second Piano Concerto should be played permanently at
Clapham Junction (or was it London Bridge; someone will know!)

(getting tenuous)
Golders Green - Wonder Stuff
Mor-den Words - Extreme

erm...
Kayleigh by Marillion mentions Belsize Park

I think I better leave it there. :-)

Sam