Old April 21st 15, 09:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Automatic refunds

David Cantrell wrote in
k:

It's about a month since I last trawled through my Oyster journey
history to find the inevitable cock-ups and claim my refunds, but
earlier this week an email arrived out of the blue ...

" Due to an operational issue, you are due a payment of £29.90. This

is
now ready for collection at Thornton Heath [National Rail]. "

I wonder if TfL have figured out how to automatically spot and correct
all their incorrect over-charging. A cursory glance at my journey
history shows the usual scattering of unresolved journeys which they
haven't corrected so I have no idea.

Anyone else know what this could be?

I wonder if that relates to Off-peak capping refunds?

From http://www.tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-paym...-oyster/price-
capping

Off-peak capping refunds in Zones 4-6

From April, new automatic refund payments will be given to all off-peak
pay as you go customers who repeatedly pay more than the former off-peak
daily cap in Zones 4-6.

In January 2015, we changed our daily pay as you go caps to reflect
modern-day travel patterns. Many of the new caps are cheaper than the
old off-peak caps and the majority of customers now enjoy cheaper fares
as a result.

However, if you are repeatedly paying more because off-peak caps for
travel in Zones 4-6 were withdrawn, we will automatically refund you.

Eligibility

You are eligible for a payment if your day's travel means you would have
reached a Zones 4-6 off-peak cap on:

Two or more days in a single week (from Monday to Sunday), or
Four or more days in a fortnight, or
Eight or more days in four weeks
The off peak capping period is:

After 09:30 on Monday to Friday and
All day on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays
How much will you be paid?

If the total fare you are charged for your day's off-peak travel is more
than an off-peak cap for the zones you travelled in, we will pay the
difference. The off peak caps have been set as follows:

Zones 1-4 Zones 1-6
Adult rate £8.00 £8.80
Half adult rate* £4.00 £4.40
National Railcard holders
£5.30 £5.90
* 16+ Oyster photocard and JobCentre Plus Discount

When will the payments be made?

We will check at the end of each week if you are eligible for a payment.
If you are, this will be available from the Friday of the following
week.

We will send the payment to the gateline at the station you use most
often. The payment will be made automatically when you touch your Oyster
card on a yellow reader as part of a normal journey.

The first Friday when this will happen will be April 10 in respect of
week Monday March 30 to Sunday 5 April.

If you would have reached the off-peak cap in January, February and
March you will be reimbursed retrospectively during April.

Old April 29th 15, 10:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 09:09:57PM +0000, someone with an invalid
address wrote:

Off-peak capping refunds in Zones 4-6

You are eligible for a payment if your day's travel means you would have
reached a Zones 4-6 off-peak cap on:

Two or more days in a single week (from Monday to Sunday), or
Four or more days in a fortnight, or
Eight or more days in four weeks
The off peak capping period is:

If they can do this then it follows that they can do the same for normal
weekly and monthly capping right now.

--
David Cantrell | Pope | First Church of the Symmetrical Internet

Good advice is always certain to be ignored,
but that's no reason not to give it -- Agatha Christie
Old April 29th 15, 11:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

But only by overcharging people at the time of travel, and refunding the difference later. Which if expanded might be seen as too great a workload.
Old April 30th 15, 01:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 04:07:19AM -0700, Steve Lewis wrote:

But only by overcharging people at the time of travel, and refunding the difference later. Which if expanded might be seen as too great a workload.

Pretty sure that the thing I got was automated.

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive

Disappointment:
n: No results found for "priapic dwarf custard wrestling".