Old April 15th 15, 11:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Automatic refunds

It's about a month since I last trawled through my Oyster journey
history to find the inevitable cock-ups and claim my refunds, but
earlier this week an email arrived out of the blue ...

" Due to an operational issue, you are due a payment of £29.90. This is
now ready for collection at Thornton Heath [National Rail]. "

I wonder if TfL have figured out how to automatically spot and correct
all their incorrect over-charging. A cursory glance at my journey
history shows the usual scattering of unresolved journeys which they
haven't corrected so I have no idea.

Anyone else know what this could be?

We decided that in a world of 8 string guitars, 12 string basses
and drumkits from hell "shredding" in weird scat-jazz time
signatures that we wanted a stripped down song with lots of
shouting, and where the verse and chorus are the same chords.

Old April 16th 15, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 13:21:16
on Thu, 16 Apr 2015, David Cantrell remarked:
That's an alarmingly large wrong side failure not to notice while it's
happening!

Not really, being 30 quid down for a month isn't noticeable to me, and I
have better things to do with my time than to carefully go over my
journey history every single day and submit lots of little refund
requests.

Luicky you; for many hardworking families[tm] that could be a week's
food budget.
Old April 17th 15, 11:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 01:50:01PM +0100, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:21:16
on Thu, 16 Apr 2015, David Cantrell remarked:
That's an alarmingly large wrong side failure not to notice while it's
happening!

Not really, being 30 quid down for a month isn't noticeable to me, and I
have better things to do with my time than to carefully go over my
journey history every single day and submit lots of little refund
requests.

Luicky you; for many hardworking families[tm] that could be a week's
food budget.

It's more than a week's food budget for me too!

But unexpected immediate expenses - some of them larger than that -
happen all the time. It is terribly improvident to put yourself into the
situation where you can't cope with them.

--
David Cantrell | Godless Liberal Elitist

Hail Caesar! Those about to vi ^[ you!
Old April 17th 15, 11:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 03:00:33AM +0100, Paul Corfield wrote:

I'm more astounded that your travel charges are so badly calculated /
things go wrong / whatever that every month you have to submit refund
requests to resolve problems.

It amazes me too!

What on earth goes wrong
with your Oyster card usage that you need to make regular refund
requests?

It's usually card readers not properly recording touches, leaving me
with unresolved journeys. It has once worked in my favour - I had one
journey which wasn't recorded at all when the system missed both the
touch in and the touch out, despite the gates opening at both ends!

--
David Cantrell | Bourgeois reactionary pig
Old April 17th 15, 05:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

David Cantrell wrote:

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 03:00:33AM +0100, Paul Corfield wrote:

I'm more astounded that your travel charges are so badly calculated
/ things go wrong / whatever that every month you have to submit
refund requests to resolve problems.

It amazes me too!

What on earth goes
wrong with your Oyster card usage that you need to make regular
refund requests?

It's usually card readers not properly recording touches, leaving me
with unresolved journeys. It has once worked in my favour - I had one
journey which wasn't recorded at all when the system missed both the
touch in and the touch out, despite the gates opening at both ends!

Is there a particular station where these errors normally occur?

Peter Smyth
Old April 20th 15, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 05:10:21PM +0000, Peter Smyth wrote:

Is there a particular station where these errors normally occur?

When I take into account the number of times I use each station, then
none of them stand out as being particularly more error-prone than
others.

--
David Cantrell | A machine for turning tea into grumpiness

You can't spell AWESOME without ME!