Old May 7th 15, 08:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Does the DLR have regenerative braking?

I was wondering this yesterday as I was heading down the hole towards Bank.
If not thats a lot of wasted energy.

--
Spud

Old May 7th 15, 03:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
d wrote:
I was wondering this yesterday as I was heading down the hole towards Bank.
If not thats a lot of wasted energy.

Yes, they do. See:
http://developments.dlr.co.uk/enviro...bon-footprint/

--
Mike Bristow
Old May 7th 15, 03:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 7 May 2015 16:01:28 +0100
Mike Bristow wrote:
In article ,
d wrote:
I was wondering this yesterday as I was heading down the hole towards Bank.
If not thats a lot of wasted energy.

Yes, they do. See:
http://developments.dlr.co.uk/enviro...bon-footprint/

Interesting. Whats a "low loss" 3rd rail? Is normal 3rd rail high loss?

The supercapacitors in substations sounds a novel idea.

--
Spud

Old May 7th 15, 03:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , d
() wrote:

On Thu, 7 May 2015 16:01:28 +0100
Mike Bristow wrote:
In article ,
d wrote:
I was wondering this yesterday as I was heading down the hole towards
Bank. If not thats a lot of wasted energy.

Yes, they do. See:

http://developments.dlr.co.uk/enviro...bon-footprint/

Interesting. Whats a "low loss" 3rd rail? Is normal 3rd rail high
loss?

Presumably aluminium or steel-coated ali. Low low is conventional steel-only.

The supercapacitors in substations sounds a novel idea.

Yes, they do.

--
Colin Rosenstiel