London Banter

-   -   Brentford Branch Line (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1435-brentford-branch-line.html)

Slim February 14th 04 02:05 PM

Brentford Branch Line

Do any trains (freight?) still travel along the Brentford Branch line to
Southall?

Cast_Iron February 14th 04 02:09 PM

Brentford Branch Line

Slim wrote:
Do any trains (freight?) still travel along the Brentford Branch line to

Southall?

To be exact they travel from Southall and back again, but I'm sure you knew
that really.

There are certainly stone trains from Westbury to Brentford and I believe
the container waste trains still run.

Does anyone know of any other traffic?

Jeremy Linscott August 5th 10 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cast_Iron (Post 12447)
Slim wrote:
Do any trains (freight?) still travel along the Brentford Branch line to

Southall?

To be exact they travel from Southall and back again, but I'm sure you knew
that really.

There are certainly stone trains from Westbury to Brentford and I believe
the container waste trains still run.

Does anyone know of any other traffic?

I know this thread is a little old but I thought you might like to know some interesting news.
As reported in August Railway Magazine there is a possibility that as part of the Celebrations of GWR175.
Pannier Tank Engine 9466 could head shuttles from Southall down the Brentford Branch and also to Marlow In NOVEMBER 2010.
"the train is being organised by Network Rail in conjunction with First Great Western and West Coast Railways"
I'm sure the more interest expressed to any or all of the above could swing it either way. See you there. Fingers crossed