Old February 14th 04, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Brentford Branch Line

Do any trains (freight?) still travel along the Brentford Branch line to
Southall?

Old February 14th 04, 02:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Slim wrote:
Do any trains (freight?) still travel along the Brentford Branch line to

Southall?

To be exact they travel from Southall and back again, but I'm sure you knew
that really.

There are certainly stone trains from Westbury to Brentford and I believe
the container waste trains still run.

Does anyone know of any other traffic?

Old August 5th 10, 05:56 PM
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cast_Iron View Post
Slim wrote:
Do any trains (freight?) still travel along the Brentford Branch line to

Southall?

To be exact they travel from Southall and back again, but I'm sure you knew
that really.

There are certainly stone trains from Westbury to Brentford and I believe
the container waste trains still run.

Does anyone know of any other traffic?
I know this thread is a little old but I thought you might like to know some interesting news.
As reported in August Railway Magazine there is a possibility that as part of the Celebrations of GWR175.
Pannier Tank Engine 9466 could head shuttles from Southall down the Brentford Branch and also to Marlow In NOVEMBER 2010.
"the train is being organised by Network Rail in conjunction with First Great Western and West Coast Railways"
I'm sure the more interest expressed to any or all of the above could swing it either way. See you there. Fingers crossed