London Banter

-   -   Night tube (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14379-night-tube.html)

[email protected] June 22nd 15 01:28 PM

Night tube

So it looks like most of the tube lines will be running but none of the
sub surface lines. Anyone know why that would be the case?

--
Spud

Recliner[_3_] June 22nd 15 02:17 PM

Night tube

wrote:
So it looks like most of the tube lines will be running but none of the
sub surface lines. Anyone know why that would be the case?

The new signalling system is delayed, but is finally due to be put in
during the next few years. Only after that will the Night SSL be possible.

Piatkow June 22nd 15 02:55 PM

Night tube

Not that it needs the signalling, rather the signalling engineers need night time shutdowns to put it in.

Overnight services are only being introduced on lines with no major engineering projects in the pipeline.

David Cantrell June 23rd 15 01:07 PM

Night tube

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 02:17:04PM +0000, Recliner wrote:
wrote:
So it looks like most of the tube lines will be running but none of the
sub surface lines. Anyone know why that would be the case?

The new signalling system is delayed, but is finally due to be put in
during the next few years. Only after that will the Night SSL be possible.

Interesting that they don't even have plans to introduce night trains on
the Bakerloo.

--
David Cantrell | A machine for turning tea into grumpiness

You can't spell "slaughter" without "laughter"

[email protected] June 23rd 15 01:15 PM

Night tube

wrote:
So it looks like most of the tube lines will be running but none of the
sub surface lines. Anyone know why that would be the case?

The new signalling system is delayed, but is finally due to be put in
during the next few years. Only after that will the Night SSL be possible.

Interesting that they don't even have plans to introduce night trains on
the Bakerloo.

Most of the potential passengers are probably back under curfew by then.

--
Spud

Bryan Morris June 23rd 15 04:56 PM

Night tube

In message ,
Piatkow writes
Not that it needs the signalling, rather the signalling engineers need
night time shutdowns to put it in.

Overnight services are only being introduced on lines with no major
engineering projects in the pipeline.

Pity the Central Line finishes at Loughton. One more stop to Debden
(where some trains actually terminate ATM) would have got me home.
--
Bryan Morris
Public Key http://www.pgp.uk.demon.net - 0xCC6237E9

[email protected] June 23rd 15 09:53 PM

Night tube

wrote:
So it looks like most of the tube lines will be running but none of
the sub surface lines. Anyone know why that would be the case?

The new signalling system is delayed, but is finally due to be put in
during the next few years. Only after that will the Night SSL be
possible.

Interesting that they don't even have plans to introduce night trains on
the Bakerloo.

Since they aren't suggesting night trains anywhere without modern signalling
it will be a long time yet. You might as well complain the Waterloo & City
isn't mentioned.

In my book the absence of the Northern Line City branch is more surprising.
I know the City is still pretty dead outside office hours, but Old Street
and London Bridge?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Recliner[_3_] June 23rd 15 10:01 PM

Night tube

wrote:

wrote:
So it looks like most of the tube lines will be running but none of
the sub surface lines. Anyone know why that would be the case?
The new signalling system is delayed, but is finally due to be put in
during the next few years. Only after that will the Night SSL be
possible.

Interesting that they don't even have plans to introduce night trains on
the Bakerloo.

Since they aren't suggesting night trains anywhere without modern signalling
it will be a long time yet. You might as well complain the Waterloo & City
isn't mentioned.

The Piccadilly Line certainly doesn't have modern signalling, and its
trains are only a few years newer than the Bakerloo's.

In my book the absence of the Northern Line City branch is more surprising.
I know the City is still pretty dead outside office hours, but Old Street
and London Bridge?

Perhaps because of the looming rebuilding of Bank station, with a new
southbound platform tunnel for the Northern line?

Basil Jet[_4_] June 23rd 15 10:08 PM

Night tube

wrote:
So it looks like most of the tube lines will be running but none of the
sub surface lines. Anyone know why that would be the case?
The new signalling system is delayed, but is finally due to be put in
during the next few years. Only after that will the Night SSL be possible.

Interesting that they don't even have plans to introduce night trains on
the Bakerloo.

Most of the potential passengers are probably back under curfew by then.

Queens Park is full of luvvies! I've seen Jessica Hynes and Gordon
Kennedy use the station.

Basil Jet[_4_] June 23rd 15 10:13 PM

Night tube

On 2015\06\23 22:53, wrote:

In my book the absence of the Northern Line City branch is more surprising.
I know the City is still pretty dead outside office hours, but Old Street
and London Bridge?

And Angel.