London Banter

-   -   Chelsea nimbys (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14438-chelsea-nimbys.html)

eastender[_5_] July 23rd 15 11:12 AM

Chelsea nimbys

I see Felicity Kendal, Trevor Eve and others are trying to stop a
Chelsea station in Crossrail 2, which rather makes a mockery of the
Chelsea-Hackney line.

They also may not realise that they'll probably both be dead before
it's running, if ever.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/...kendal-9693941

E.

Recliner[_3_] July 23rd 15 03:40 PM

Chelsea nimbys

eastender wrote:
I see Felicity Kendal, Trevor Eve and others are trying to stop a Chelsea
station in Crossrail 2, which rather makes a mockery of the Chelsea-Hackney line.

They also may not realise that they'll probably both be dead before it's running, if ever.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/...kendal-9693941

Yes, an undisguised NIMBY argument. I suppose they also don't want the
disruption of the station construction for years before it opens.