London Banter

-   -   First Class 700 arrives at Three Bridges (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14455-first-class-700-arrives-three.html)

Recliner[_3_] July 31st 15 02:41 PM

First Class 700 arrives at Three Bridges

http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new trains..."
press releases this week.

Graeme Wall July 31st 15 02:55 PM

On 31/07/2015 15:41, Recliner wrote:
http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new trains..."
press releases this week.

Can't blame her making hay from her predecessors efforts while she can.

--
Graeme Wall

Recliner[_3_] July 31st 15 02:58 PM

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 31/07/2015 15:41, Recliner wrote:
http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new trains..."
press releases this week.

Can't blame her making hay from her predecessors efforts while she can.

Er, she was her own predecessor.

Recliner[_3_] July 31st 15 02:59 PM

"itsonlyme" wrote:
On 31-Jul-2015, Recliner wrote:

http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Are there Second Class 700's to follow?

No, only Standard Class.

Peter Able July 31st 15 03:22 PM

On 31/07/2015 15:59, itsonlyme wrote:
On 31-Jul-2015, Recliner wrote:

http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Are there Second Class 700's to follow?

These ARE the second class 700s

The first were the Drummond "Black Motors" of the LSWR :)

PA

Graeme Wall July 31st 15 03:24 PM

On 31/07/2015 15:58, Recliner wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 31/07/2015 15:41, Recliner wrote:
http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new trains..."
press releases this week.

Can't blame her making hay from her predecessors efforts while she can.

Er, she was her own predecessor.

She was minister when they were ordered? Didn't think she'd been in
post long enough.

--
Graeme Wall

Recliner[_3_] July 31st 15 03:41 PM

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 31/07/2015 15:41, Recliner wrote:
http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new trains..."
press releases this week.

Can't blame her making hay from her predecessors efforts while she can.

Er, she was her own predecessor.

She was minister when they were ordered? Didn't think she'd been in post long enough.

Probably not -- she only became railway minister in July last year. The
Siemens order took ages to place, so probably a series of ministers were
involved in it. But the Hitachi order did happen on her watch.

I see she's another McKinsey alumnus, with quite an impressive cv all round
(Oxford rowing blues, Harvard MBA, Bank of America, Credit Suisse, etc).

[email protected] July 31st 15 03:56 PM

On 31.07.15 15:41, Recliner wrote:
http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new trains..."
press releases this week.

Will the ATO on them be operative when they enter revenue service?

Recliner[_3_] July 31st 15 04:02 PM

" wrote:
On 31.07.15 15:41, Recliner wrote:
http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new trains..."
press releases this week.

Will the ATO on them be operative when they enter revenue service?

It may be on the trains, but I don't think the new signalling will be live
in the TL core next year.

Graeme Wall July 31st 15 04:29 PM

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 31/07/2015 15:41, Recliner wrote:
http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new trains..."
press releases this week.

Can't blame her making hay from her predecessors efforts while she can.

Er, she was her own predecessor.

She was minister when they were ordered? Didn't think she'd been in post long enough.

Probably not -- she only became railway minister in July last year. The
Siemens order took ages to place, so probably a series of ministers were
involved in it. But the Hitachi order did happen on her watch.

I see she's another McKinsey alumnus, with quite an impressive cv all round
(Oxford rowing blues, Harvard MBA, Bank of America, Credit Suisse, etc).

A rising star perhaps. At least she has experience outside the usual
-student politics, intern then researcher for MP then politician - which
is far too common both sides of the aisle.

--
Graeme Wall