Old July 31st 15, 02:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default First Class 700 arrives at Three Bridges

http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new trains..."
press releases this week.

Old July 31st 15, 02:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 31/07/2015 15:41, Recliner wrote:
http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new trains..."
press releases this week.

Can't blame her making hay from her predecessors efforts while she can.

--
Graeme Wall

Old July 31st 15, 02:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 31/07/2015 15:41, Recliner wrote:
http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new trains..."
press releases this week.

Can't blame her making hay from her predecessors efforts while she can.

Er, she was her own predecessor.
Old July 31st 15, 02:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"itsonlyme" wrote:
On 31-Jul-2015, Recliner wrote:

http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Are there Second Class 700's to follow?

No, only Standard Class.
Old July 31st 15, 03:22 PM posted to uk.railway, uk.transport.london

On 31/07/2015 15:59, itsonlyme wrote:
On 31-Jul-2015, Recliner wrote:

http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Are there Second Class 700's to follow?

These ARE the second class 700s

The first were the Drummond "Black Motors" of the LSWR

PA

Old July 31st 15, 03:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 31/07/2015 15:58, Recliner wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 31/07/2015 15:41, Recliner wrote:
http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new trains..."
press releases this week.

Can't blame her making hay from her predecessors efforts while she can.

Er, she was her own predecessor.

She was minister when they were ordered? Didn't think she'd been in
post long enough.

--
Graeme Wall

Old July 31st 15, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 31/07/2015 15:41, Recliner wrote:
http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new trains..."
press releases this week.

Can't blame her making hay from her predecessors efforts while she can.

Er, she was her own predecessor.

She was minister when they were ordered? Didn't think she'd been in post long enough.

Probably not -- she only became railway minister in July last year. The
Siemens order took ages to place, so probably a series of ministers were
involved in it. But the Hitachi order did happen on her watch.

I see she's another McKinsey alumnus, with quite an impressive cv all round
(Oxford rowing blues, Harvard MBA, Bank of America, Credit Suisse, etc).
Old July 31st 15, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 31.07.15 15:41, Recliner wrote:
http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new trains..."
press releases this week.

Will the ATO on them be operative when they enter revenue service?
Old July 31st 15, 04:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

" wrote:
On 31.07.15 15:41, Recliner wrote:
http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new trains..."
press releases this week.

Will the ATO on them be operative when they enter revenue service?

It may be on the trains, but I don't think the new signalling will be live
in the TL core next year.
Old July 31st 15, 04:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 31/07/2015 15:41, Recliner wrote:
http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...train-arrives/

Claire Perry is really churning out those "I welcome these new trains..."
press releases this week.

Can't blame her making hay from her predecessors efforts while she can.

Er, she was her own predecessor.

She was minister when they were ordered? Didn't think she'd been in post long enough.

Probably not -- she only became railway minister in July last year. The
Siemens order took ages to place, so probably a series of ministers were
involved in it. But the Hitachi order did happen on her watch.

I see she's another McKinsey alumnus, with quite an impressive cv all round
(Oxford rowing blues, Harvard MBA, Bank of America, Credit Suisse, etc).

A rising star perhaps. At least she has experience outside the usual
-student politics, intern then researcher for MP then politician - which
is far too common both sides of the aisle.

--
Graeme Wall