Old August 18th 15, 10:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail dig uncovers remains of dozens of people who died waiting for Northern Line train

http://newsthump.com/2015/08/12/cros...rs-remains-of-
dozens-of-people-who-died-waiting-for-northern-line-train/

Contractors on the London Crossrail project have turned up dozens of
bodies of people who are believed to have died of old age waiting for a
train on the Northern Line.

Archaeologists have been called to the site to examine the bodies, many
of whom still bear the marks of standing on the platform furiously
looking at the sign which has said "Next train 2 minutes" for over
seventy years.

Experts believed that the victims all slowly passed way due to being
reluctant to leave the platform as ‘there’ll be one along in a minute’.

Old August 18th 15, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2015-08-18 10:53:16 +0000, Roland Perry said:

http://newsthump.com/2015/08/12/cros...rs-remains-of-
dozens-of-people-who-died-waiting-for-northern-line-train/

Contractors on the London Crossrail project have turned up dozens of
bodies of people who are believed to have died of old age waiting for a
train on the Northern Line.

Archaeologists have been called to the site to examine the bodies, many
of whom still bear the marks of standing on the platform furiously
looking at the sign which has said "Next train 2 minutes" for over
seventy years.

Experts believed that the victims all slowly passed way due to being
reluctant to leave the platform as ‘there’ll be one along in a minute’.

I thought jokes like that were themselves preserved at the British Museum.

E.

Old August 18th 15, 06:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tuesday, 18 August 2015 11:54:57 UTC+1, Roland Perry wrote:
http://newsthump.com/2015/08/12/cros...rs-remains-of-
dozens-of-people-who-died-waiting-for-northern-line-train/

Contractors on the London Crossrail project have turned up dozens of
bodies of people who are believed to have died of old age waiting for a
train on the Northern Line.

Archaeologists have been called to the site to examine the bodies, many
of whom still bear the marks of standing on the platform furiously
looking at the sign which has said "Next train 2 minutes" for over
seventy years.

Experts believed that the victims all slowly passed way due to being
reluctant to leave the platform as 'there'll be one along in a minute'.

I have seen a 2,500,000-year-old Neanderthal skull who was grinning at that very joke.
Old August 19th 15, 02:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

What happens or what is the procedure? When they come across something
such as a plague pit when digging Crossrail or a tube line?

I'm not a virologist or a biologist, but is there not a worry/concern of
releasing the virus if these sites are disturbed? I know that we can
treat something like bubonic plague at this time, but I also understand
that treatment is a long and difficult task as bubonic plague remains a
nasty piece of work and can do quite a bit of damage in any event.

Besides concerns of plague, I wonder if diggers and builders have ever
come across something that scared the hell out of them.

Alternatively, has a route trajectory drastically changed with no
explanation?
Old August 19th 15, 04:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

If a plague oit was accidentally opened then Bubonic plague viroids (staphylococcus bumakissoccus) would quickly envelope the user and cause a fractural disquisition. Trillions of germs would flood out and cause a "discrete zombification enfarction scenario", the dreaded DHSS.

DZMS spreads uncontrollably and we could expect zombies using the underground as passengers within the week.