Old August 25th 15, 03:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tower Gateway DLR

Given that the service to Bank has been suspended twice now in the space of
a week, I'm wondering what nobel prize winning genius thought that spending
no doubt millions to convert Tower Gateway station to a single track was a
really good idea.

What a bunch of ****ing morons.

--
Spud

Old August 26th 15, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wednesday, 26 August 2015 12:09:26 UTC+1, Mizter T wrote:
On 26/08/2015 09:13, y wrote:

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 18:23:38 +0100
Someone Somewhere wrote:

On 8/25/2015 4:06 PM,
y wrote:
Given that the service to Bank has been suspended twice now in the space of
a week, I'm wondering what nobel prize winning genius thought that spending
no doubt millions to convert Tower Gateway station to a single track was a
really good idea.

What a bunch of ****ing morons.

The reason given was that there was no room for 6 car trains in the
platforms - was there really no room?

Given that the new platforms which can accomodate that length are built
where the track used to be I would take that with a pinch of salt. They no
doubt figured simplifying the track and having 2 platforms either side would
be a good solution for a little used station but of course they never
considered what would happen if Bank was closed. The answer if yesterday is
anything to go by is utter chaos, and to add to the fun there wasn't a single
member of staff there to do crowd control either. Pathetic.

All designed to keep your blood pressure in the hypertensive region,
just as you like it. There's surely a medical research team out there
missing their ideal case study.

I haven't been there since it was rebuilt, but wasn't the idea to get passengers off and on the trains faster so they could turn around more quickly?

Old August 26th 15, 02:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 12:09:23 +0100
Mizter T wrote:
On 26/08/2015 09:13, y wrote:

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 18:23:38 +0100
Someone Somewhere wrote:

On 8/25/2015 4:06 PM,
y wrote:
[...]

Wow, you managed a whole paragraph of ****take lite. Keep trying, one day
you might actually be able to write an interesting post containing some facts.

--
Spud

Old August 26th 15, 02:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 04:33:04 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:
I haven't been there since it was rebuilt, but wasn't the idea to get
passengers off and on the trains faster so they could turn around more quickly?

People trying to get on a train at the same time others are trying to get
off never works well beyond a certain density. They should have forseen this.

--
Spud