Old October 29th 15, 05:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default how to load National Railcard on Oyster card

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
07:39:03 on Thu, 29 Oct 2015,
remarked:
Yes.

ps Are you legs broken, or something. The new row of machines also go
all the way up to the gateline.

Except for the queuing maze you have to traverse to actually get to them,
you mean?

Which was empty when I took this photo, early afternoon on a weekday:

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/stp-eleven-new.jpg

But not when I was there, at the start of this thread!

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old October 30th 15, 01:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Thu, 29 Oct 2015 13:56:11 in uk.transport.london, writes
In article ,
(Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
07:39:03 on Thu, 29 Oct 2015,
remarked:
Yes.

ps Are you legs broken, or something. The new row of machines also go
all the way up to the gateline.

Except for the queuing maze you have to traverse to actually get to them,
you mean?

Which was empty when I took this photo, early afternoon on a weekday:

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/stp-eleven-new.jpg

But not when I was there, at the start of this thread!

I was at Finchley Road, this morning.
There was a bizarre service on the southbound platforms.
SATS gave a continuous stream of messages for both platforms with about 4 other staff members in high visibility vests and carrying white batons.
The ticket office was open, but casual staff were giving out leaflets as the office will not open after Sunday.
The leaflet is at
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://content.tfl.gov.uk/improving-london-underground.pdf&sa=U&ved=0CAsQFjADahUKEwjQ8M6wperI AhVJuhQKHZZiAtw&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNH_r-2QsV5ZeSPohNGqX52nKmwWkA
I shall try to carry it. It promises:

a) "Our improved ticket machines offer guidance in 17 languages as well as selling most ticket types. There are a few exceptions such as annual season tickets which are available online."
That facility has been in place for 5+ years.

b) "Get a refund for up to £10 pay as you go credit, plus any deposit"
I must try that. No identity documents are mentioned.

c) "Replace an Oyster card that has stopped working (with staff help)"
Colin might have chased that.

d) "Resolve an incomplete pay as you go journey"
I have seen that.

e) "Add a monthly season ticket to your Oyster card and you don’t need to register it"
I assume such tickets will be transferrable.
I can't find relevant part of Conditions of Carriage.
MOS at Oyster said only PAYG is transferable, But could not document restriction.
I raised a Service Ticket to get a formal answer.

f) "Add a Railcard discount to your Oyster card (with staff help)"
I may test that.

Platform 3 (Jubilee Southbound) train wheels squealed horribly.
The Station Supervisor reported that a grease dispenser was probably
empty and promised to chase the matter.
--
Walter Briscoe
Old October 30th 15, 04:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...ng-london-unde
rground.pdf&sa=U&ved=0CAsQFjADahUKEwjQ8M6wperIAhVJ uhQKHZZiAtw&client=internal
-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNH_r-2QsV5ZeSPohNGqX52nKmwWkA
I shall try to carry it. It promises:

a) "Our improved ticket machines offer guidance in 17 languages as
well as selling most ticket types. There are a few exceptions such as
annual season tickets which are available online."
That facility has been in place for 5+ years.

b) "Get a refund for up to £10 pay as you go credit, plus any deposit"
I must try that. No identity documents are mentioned.

c) "Replace an Oyster card that has stopped working (with staff help)"
Colin might have chased that.

The staff member was there but she appeared to be unable to help. I wasn't
there long enough to intervene.

d) "Resolve an incomplete pay as you go journey"
I have seen that.

e) "Add a monthly season ticket to your Oyster card and you don't
need to register it"
I assume such tickets will be transferrable.
I can't find relevant part of Conditions of Carriage.
MOS at Oyster said only PAYG is transferable, But could not document
restriction.
I raised a Service Ticket to get a formal answer.

f) "Add a Railcard discount to your Oyster card (with staff help)"
I may test that.

I have tested that in the sense that I was shown my railcard was already
loaded. But another issue has been raised here that 3-year railcards can't
be registered for the whole period. My card expires in 2016 so I don't know
about that yet.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old October 30th 15, 05:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Walter Briscoe wrote:

e) "Add a monthly season ticket to your Oyster card and you don’t
need to register it" I assume such tickets will be transferrable.
I can't find relevant part of Conditions of Carriage.
MOS at Oyster said only PAYG is transferable, But could not document
restriction. I raised a Service Ticket to get a formal answer.

Section 6.1.3
If you have a season ticket on your Oyster card or smartcard, you
cannot lend or transfer it to anyone else.

The chances of anyone catching you sharing a season ticket on an
unregistered Oyster card must be virtually zero, but it seems clear it
is not officially allowed.

Peter Smyth
Old October 31st 15, 08:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Fri, 30 Oct 2015 18:03:52 in
uk.transport.london, Peter Smyth writes
Walter Briscoe wrote:

e) "Add a monthly season ticket to your Oyster card and you don’t
need to register it" I assume such tickets will be transferrable.
I can't find relevant part of Conditions of Carriage.
MOS at Oyster said only PAYG is transferable, But could not document
restriction. I raised a Service Ticket to get a formal answer.

Section 6.1.3
If you have a season ticket on your Oyster card or smartcard, you
cannot lend or transfer it to anyone else.

Thanks, Peter. I found nothing relevant for "transferable".