Old November 12th 15, 04:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Chiltern to Old Oak Common

In article
-septembe
r.org, (Recliner) wrote:

Basil Jet wrote:
On 2015\11\11 22:56, Graham Harrison wrote:
On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 21:31:51 -0000, "NY" wrote:

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

In the latest RAIL, the Business Development Manager (I think that
was his title) of Chiltern says that he wants to run trains to Old
Oak Common via the Park Royal line, which he said would need
upgrading. I presume he was talking about more than the one return
journey the line gets now.

And I presume he intends running trains ultimately to Paddington, not
terminating them at OOC :-)

I wonder if his intention will be eventually to run all Birmingham/
Wycombe trains to Paddington rather than Marylebone, or whether some
trains will go to Paddington and some/most to Marylebone.

When Marylebone was under threat of closure in the 1980s, the plane
was for all Wycombe trains to use the Park Royal line.

To Paddington, based on falling rail traffic levels when in fact they have
been rising. So the idea of closing Marylebone is now utterly unthinkable.

Why Paddington? Once OOC is up and running as a Crossrail station it
makes perfect sense for Chiltern to target it.

Crossrail's just a glorified tube line. No-one would ever say
Chiltern should terminate a load of trains at Sudbury Hill Harrow
to target the Piccadilly Line. Old Oak Common will not offer
noticeably more than West Hampstead, whose Jubilee Line and North
London Line and Thameslink trains to Gatwick and Luton are not
worth slowing down for.

Connecting to Crossrail will provide many more useful connections than are
available from Marylebone (or West Hampstead), including Heathrow, the
West End, City and Canary Wharf.

Not to mention (in 2026) HS1.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old November 12th 15, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
In article
-septembe

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

[...]

Nope. HS1 will never go to OOC, though you'll be able to connect from OOC
to it via Crossrail and Stratford.

I don't suppose an OOC station will open before HS2 gets to it.

Old November 12th 15, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 12/11/2015 21:25, Recliner wrote:

wrote:
[...]
Connecting to Crossrail will provide many more useful connections than are
available from Marylebone (or West Hampstead), including Heathrow, the
West End, City and Canary Wharf.

Not to mention (in 2026) HS1.

Nope. HS1 will never go to OOC, though you'll be able to connect from OOC
to it via Crossrail and Stratford.

I imagine Colin Rosenstiel meant HS2 above.

I don't suppose an OOC station will open before HS2 gets to it.

Old November 12th 15, 10:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:
On 12/11/2015 21:25, Recliner wrote:

wrote:
[...]
Connecting to Crossrail will provide many more useful connections than are
available from Marylebone (or West Hampstead), including Heathrow, the
West End, City and Canary Wharf.

Not to mention (in 2026) HS1.

Nope. HS1 will never go to OOC, though you'll be able to connect from OOC
to it via Crossrail and Stratford.

I imagine Colin Rosenstiel meant HS2 above.

Yes, that's why I mentioned HS2 in the next para.

I don't suppose an OOC station will open before HS2 gets to it.

Crossrail and Old Oak photos e27002 aurora[_2_] London Transport 0 April 1st 17 10:11 AM
Chiltern to Old Oak Common Basil Jet[_4_] London Transport 10 November 18th 15 05:31 PM
Old Oak Common Basil Jet[_3_] London Transport 2 November 21st 13 10:07 PM
Old Oak Common mega interchange kev London Transport 54 April 8th 10 11:02 AM