London Banter

-   -   New Croydon trams. (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14639-new-croydon-trams.html)

[email protected] November 16th 15 03:17 PM

New Croydon trams.

Are the four latest trams identical to the previous six?

Arthur Figgis November 16th 15 05:05 PM

New Croydon trams.

On 16/11/2015 16:17, wrote:
Are the four latest trams identical to the previous six?

In principle, although I saw a claim (here? Twitter? somewhere
else....?) suggesting that the first of the second batch turned out not
to be the same, which has caused issues.

How many have arrived now? I heard one was here, but not the rest.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Arthur Figgis November 17th 15 05:29 PM

New Croydon trams.

On 17/11/2015 17:18, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 18:05:57 +0000, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

On 16/11/2015 16:17, wrote:
Are the four latest trams identical to the previous six?

In principle, although I saw a claim (here? Twitter? somewhere
else....?) suggesting that the first of the second batch turned out not
to be the same, which has caused issues.

How many have arrived now? I heard one was here, but not the rest.

I've only heard of one having arrived.

Being bored enough to google it, it looks like three have now arrived,
with 2563 still to come and 2556 having gone back in Germany:
http://www.britishtramsonline.co.uk/news/?p=13068

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

John Ray[_4_] November 18th 15 04:34 PM

New Croydon trams.

wrote:

On 16/11/2015 16:17, wrote:
Are the four latest trams identical to the previous six?

In principle, although I saw a claim (here? Twitter? somewhere
else....?) suggesting that the first of the second batch turned out not
to be the same, which has caused issues.

How many have arrived now? I heard one was here, but not the rest.

Number 2560 is in passenger service (I saw it on 11 November and was
told that it had entered service on 6 November). It arrived here in
May, I believe.

--
John Ray

[email protected] November 18th 15 09:14 PM

New Croydon trams.

wrote:

On 16/11/2015 16:17, wrote:
Are the four latest trams identical to the previous six?

In principle, although I saw a claim (here? Twitter? somewhere
else....?) suggesting that the first of the second batch turned out not
to be the same, which has caused issues.

How many have arrived now? I heard one was here, but not the rest.

Number 2560 is in passenger service (I saw it on 11 November and was
told that it had entered service on 6 November). It arrived here in
May, I believe.

--
John Ray

I saw one in service today at the top of Church Street. Saw one a few days ago, but not sure if it was in service then. Had a sort of LT roundel wrapping paper style livery, with a notice saying that it was one of the new trams, a bit like the 'wrapped up' new Overground vehicles. Both times I thought they looked slightly different to the previous six, but I couldn't make out how, and I've never seen examples of the two batches side by side to compare.