Old November 16th 15, 03:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New Croydon trams.

Are the four latest trams identical to the previous six?

Old November 18th 15, 09:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wednesday, 18 November 2015 17:34:46 UTC, John Ray wrote:
On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 18:05:57 +0000, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

On 16/11/2015 16:17, wrote:
Are the four latest trams identical to the previous six?

In principle, although I saw a claim (here? Twitter? somewhere
else....?) suggesting that the first of the second batch turned out not
to be the same, which has caused issues.

How many have arrived now? I heard one was here, but not the rest.

Number 2560 is in passenger service (I saw it on 11 November and was
told that it had entered service on 6 November). It arrived here in
May, I believe.

--
John Ray

I saw one in service today at the top of Church Street. Saw one a few days ago, but not sure if it was in service then. Had a sort of LT roundel wrapping paper style livery, with a notice saying that it was one of the new trams, a bit like the 'wrapped up' new Overground vehicles. Both times I thought they looked slightly different to the previous six, but I couldn't make out how, and I've never seen examples of the two batches side by side to compare.