Old November 25th 15, 08:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default ELL poorly patronised now

On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 22:31:16 -0000 (UTC)
"Peter Smyth" wrote:
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 21:31:47 +0000
Mizter T wrote:
On 18/11/2015 09:36, d wrote:
I took the ELL from Highbury this morning for the first time in

about 6
months.
Even after the obligatory 7 minute wait for the train to leave it

was still only a 3rd full in the middle of the morning rush hour.
Compared to last time I used it this is virtually empty. I can
only assume the poor service frequency and slow journey times (25
mins to do the 4 miles to canada water this morning) have put
people off as they did me. What a waste of an asset.

I use the ELL fairly regularly (peak and off-peak) and it's always
well patronised.

Beats me then. Perhaps I'll try it again at some point and see, but
the train I got on at around 8.30 had hardly anyone standing after
waiting at highbury for the usual time.

So there were some people standing? Before you were claiming it was
"virtually empty". You clearly have a different definition of empty to
everyone else.

Have you actually ever been on a 378? Its transverse seating the whole way
along. Even with all the seats taken its probably barely 25% of trains
capacity. Compared to the crush loading I experienced when I used to commute
on the line then yes, it was virtually empty.

--
Spud

Old November 25th 15, 08:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Peter Smyth" wrote:
d wrote:

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 21:31:47 +0000
Mizter T wrote:
On 18/11/2015 09:36,
d wrote:
[...]

It sounds like *you've* never been on a 378: they only have longitudinal
seats. There are no transverse seats.

Old November 25th 15, 09:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 09:53:16 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
Have you actually ever been on a 378? Its transverse seating the whole way
along. Even with all the seats taken its probably barely 25% of trains
capacity. Compared to the crush loading I experienced when I used to commute
on the line then yes, it was virtually empty.

It sounds like *you've* never been on a 378: they only have longitudinal
seats. There are no transverse seats.

Typo, meant longitudinal. Point still stands. As for having never been on
one, I spent 6 months commuting on the things. I doubt you've even spent
6 seconds on one.

--
Spud

Old November 25th 15, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
wrote:
Have you actually ever been on a 378? Its transverse seating the whole way
along. Even with all the seats taken its probably barely 25% of trains
capacity. Compared to the crush loading I experienced when I used to commute
on the line then yes, it was virtually empty.

It sounds like *you've* never been on a 378: they only have longitudinal
seats. There are no transverse seats.

Typo, meant longitudinal. Point still stands. As for having never been on
one, I spent 6 months commuting on the things. I doubt you've even spent
6 seconds on one.

At least I know very well what kind of seats they have (and that they're
rock hard). So, given that you don't even know what kind of seats they
have, I really doubt you've ever set foot in one.

I'm also intrigued by your definition of 'typo'. Presumably every error you
make can be lightly dismissed as a typo?

Old November 25th 15, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
wrote:
Have you actually ever been on a 378? Its transverse seating the whole way
along. Even with all the seats taken its probably barely 25% of trains
capacity. Compared to the crush loading I experienced when I used to

commute
on the line then yes, it was virtually empty.

It sounds like *you've* never been on a 378: they only have longitudinal
seats. There are no transverse seats.

Typo, meant longitudinal. Point still stands. As for having never been on
one, I spent 6 months commuting on the things. I doubt you've even spent
6 seconds on one.

At least I know very well what kind of seats they have (and that they're
rock hard). So, given that you don't even know what kind of seats they
have, I really doubt you've ever set foot in one.

Is this your weekly trolling day?

I'm also intrigued by your definition of 'typo'. Presumably every error you
make can be lightly dismissed as a typo?

Believe it or not, some of us work for a living so occasionally when typing
out something quickly in order to get on with some work I make a mistake.

--
Spud

Old November 25th 15, 12:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
wrote:
Have you actually ever been on a 378? Its transverse seating the whole way
along. Even with all the seats taken its probably barely 25% of trains
capacity. Compared to the crush loading I experienced when I used to

commute
on the line then yes, it was virtually empty.

It sounds like *you've* never been on a 378: they only have longitudinal
seats. There are no transverse seats.

Typo, meant longitudinal. Point still stands. As for having never been on
one, I spent 6 months commuting on the things. I doubt you've even spent
6 seconds on one.

At least I know very well what kind of seats they have (and that they're
rock hard). So, given that you don't even know what kind of seats they
have, I really doubt you've ever set foot in one.

Is this your weekly trolling day?

As opposed to your daily trolling?

I'm also intrigued by your definition of 'typo'. Presumably every error you
make can be lightly dismissed as a typo?

Believe it or not, some of us work for a living so occasionally when typing
out something quickly in order to get on with some work I make a mistake.

Is 'occasionally' a typo for 'invariably'?