Old November 27th 15, 02:31 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default London's Great Northern Hotel

In message , at 14:51:24 on Fri, 27 Nov
2015, d remarked:

Programming is to software engineering as lathe operation is to
mechanical engineering.

LOL, yeah right. Thats like saying a surgeon is just the gut who makes the
incisions and ties some knots in string.

The hard bit was the clinical trials leading to that procedure being
approved.

And who do you think does the clinical trials on patients? Some guy on
jobseekers allowance from the dole office?

Someone with greater skills than the average surgeon.

I realise this is usenet, but I would suggest you don't comment on things you
clearly know the square root of bugger all about.

Why do you think I don't know anything about medical research?

Well isn't it odd how programmers quite easily transition over to management
but you almost never see the reverse happening even though contract coder
salaries can actually be considerably higher in a lot of industries?

Programming is a learnt skill, management is just common sense - any feckin
idiot who can speak in more than one syllable and can learn a few buzzwords
can do it.

QED.

Really? You think because you do a management non job at that vacuous campaign
lobby group its up the ladder from what you did at Amstrad?

My ambition is to help at least as many people who are suffering from
cyber-abuse and unauthorised snooping, as those millions who were helped
by being able to buy an affordable Amstrad PCW (etc) to write that novel
or automate their business. Without my input it would have been like a
TRS80 clone running Wordstar, and crashed and burned.

I'll tell you
something pal, it won't be your current role you'll be remembered for.

I'm content to be remembered for what I did in the past. Things in the
future will be a bonus.

Amusing website though your employer has. More buzzwords than a BBC strategy
white paper.

Employer? If it's where I think you mean, I'm the director and main
shareholder too.

Old November 27th 15, 03:32 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 15:31:38 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:51:24 on Fri, 27 Nov
2015, d remarked:
I realise this is usenet, but I would suggest you don't comment on things you
clearly know the square root of bugger all about.

Why do you think I don't know anything about medical research?

So you're medically trained then or know people who are? And if you're going
to ask me the same question the answer is no and yes.

My ambition is to help at least as many people who are suffering from
cyber-abuse and unauthorised snooping, as those millions who were helped

Easy - tell them to get off twitter & facebook and don't use Windows. Job done.

by being able to buy an affordable Amstrad PCW (etc) to write that novel
or automate their business. Without my input it would have been like a
TRS80 clone running Wordstar, and crashed and burned.

No doubt.

I'm content to be remembered for what I did in the past. Things in the
future will be a bonus.

Will be a bloody miracle.

Amusing website though your employer has. More buzzwords than a BBC strategy
white paper.

Employer? If it's where I think you mean, I'm the director and main
shareholder too.

You're actually admitting to being responsible for all that waffle and guff?
Oh dear.

--
Spud

Old November 28th 15, 11:44 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:22:10 on Sat, 28 Nov
2015, d remarked:

Returning back to the original argument - who has the real talent in a hospital,

the medical staff or the administrators/managers and which one of them

ultimately is more useful? Well, the same goes for IT.

If the managers can't raise the money, the beds are empty. And like I
said before, the greatest talent is those researching new treatments (be
they medicinal or surgical).