Old December 4th 15, 09:08 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default New c2c timetable

It turns out that the direct trains to Shoeburyness will all run from
Liverpool Street during the day on Sundays. Fenchurch Street will only
have the trains that serve Grays, either direct or via Chafford Hundred.
That seems surprising, that they would shift their main service out of
their main London terminus like that.

Old December 5th 15, 11:12 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

It turns out that the direct trains to Shoeburyness will all run from
Liverpool Street during the day on Sundays. Fenchurch Street will only
have the trains that serve Grays, either direct or via Chafford Hundred.
That seems surprising, that they would shift their main service out of
their main London terminus like that.

you don't need to go back many years to find no trains at all running to FS
on Sundays

tim

Old December 5th 15, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Saturday, 5 December 2015 12:12:43 UTC, tim..... wrote:

you don't need to go back many years to find no trains at all running to FS
on Sundays

I like Fenchurch Street; I think it is very pretty and even mysterious. But I have lived in London my entire long life and used it only twice.
Old December 5th 15, 11:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at
04:19:40 on Sat, 5 Dec 2015, Offramp remarked:
you don't need to go back many years to find no trains at all running to FS
on Sundays

I like Fenchurch Street; I think it is very pretty and even mysterious. But
I have lived in London my entire long life and used it only twice.

I've travelled round London for over 50 years, and even lived for long
periods in Essex; but have *never* been to Fenchurch Street. I've done
Tower Gateway a couple of times, which almost counts.
Old December 5th 15, 03:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 2015\12\05 12:12, tim..... wrote:

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

It turns out that the direct trains to Shoeburyness will all run from
Liverpool Street during the day on Sundays. Fenchurch Street will only
have the trains that serve Grays, either direct or via Chafford
Hundred. That seems surprising, that they would shift their main
service out of their main London terminus like that.

you don't need to go back many years to find no trains at all running to
FS on Sundays

Which makes it surprising that there has been no hint that Crossrail
trains might run via Barking, perhaps 2tph or 4tph on Sundays only. It
is after all the "Electric" (Crossrail) lines at Forest Gate that the
Woodgrange Park line connects to. Shoeburyness is about the same
distance from London as Reading, and Reading is the 15th stop after
Paddington, whereas Shoeburyness would be the 18th stop after Liverpool
Street (if Maryland and Forest Gate were served by the Shoebury trains).
Maybe they will wait to see how well the Abbey Wood branch is used on
Sunday before publicly contemplating that. (I have no idea how long the
platforms are on the Shoebury line)

Old December 6th 15, 08:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 22:08:56 +0000, Basil Jet
wrote:

It turns out that the direct trains to Shoeburyness will all run from
Liverpool Street during the day on Sundays. Fenchurch Street will only
have the trains that serve Grays, either direct or via Chafford Hundred.
That seems surprising, that they would shift their main service out of
their main London terminus like that.

The Chafford Hundred don't terminate at Grays, they continue to
Southend Central, with an easy cross-platorm change to / from
Shoeburyness at Southend.

As for c2c platform lengths, all 12 x 20 metre apart from the bays at
Grays & Upminster.

HTH, DC

---

Old December 6th 15, 08:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

It turns out that the direct trains to Shoeburyness will all run from
Liverpool Street during the day on Sundays. Fenchurch Street will only
have the trains that serve Grays, either direct or via Chafford Hundred.
That seems surprising, that they would shift their main service out of
their main London terminus like that.

The Chafford Hundred don't terminate at Grays, they continue to
Southend Central, with an easy cross-platorm change to / from
Shoeburyness at Southend.

I didn't say they terminate at Grays, I said they serve it.

As for c2c platform lengths, all 12 x 20 metre apart from the bays at
Grays & Upminster.

Thanks!