London Banter

-   -   Passenger strike causes delays at Plaistow (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14786-passenger-strike-causes-delays-plaistow.html)

Recliner[_3_] February 15th 16 09:20 PM

Passenger strike causes delays at Plaistow

From
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3180236.html

District line suffers severe delays in morning rush hour 'caused by
passengers refusing to leave defective train'

A group of passengers refused to get off a defective train sparking severe
delays on the District Line during this morning's rush hour, according to
witnesses.

Tube services on the line ground to a halt this morning due to the
"customer incident."

Commuters hit out at the delays online.

Mizter T February 16th 16 10:26 PM

On 15/02/2016 22:20, Recliner wrote:
From
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3180236.html

District line suffers severe delays in morning rush hour 'caused by
passengers refusing to leave defective train'

A group of passengers refused to get off a defective train sparking severe
delays on the District Line during this morning's rush hour, according to
witnesses.

Tube services on the line ground to a halt this morning due to the
"customer incident."

Commuters hit out at the delays online.

An unusual happening. I wonder how many passengers stayed on the
defective train - was there perhaps a particularly vocal complainant in
one carriage who persuaded others to stay put I wonder?

Any time I've been in this situation people have got off pretty sharpish
once they realised what was happening.

[email protected] February 17th 16 08:26 AM

Passenger strike causes delays at Plaistow

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 23:26:33 +0000
Mizter T wrote:
On 15/02/2016 22:20, Recliner wrote:
From

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...line-sparked-b
-passengers-refusing-to-leave-defective-train-a3180236.html

District line suffers severe delays in morning rush hour 'caused by
passengers refusing to leave defective train'

A group of passengers refused to get off a defective train sparking severe
delays on the District Line during this morning's rush hour, according to
witnesses.

Tube services on the line ground to a halt this morning due to the
"customer incident."

Commuters hit out at the delays online.

An unusual happening. I wonder how many passengers stayed on the
defective train - was there perhaps a particularly vocal complainant in
one carriage who persuaded others to stay put I wonder?

People don't stage a sit in just because they're getting chucked off one train.
They've almost certainly been ****ed about with multiple times on that
journey already and I suspect that was the last straw.

--
Spud

David Cantrell February 18th 16 01:33 PM

Passenger strike causes delays at Plaistow

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 09:09:29AM +0000, wrote:

"I am sorry you have not taken our request to leave the train
seriously,we told you that the train was defective to avoid panic
those of who are refusing to move may wish to know that we have been
informed that an explosive device has been attached to it and is due
go off shortly."

Pleeeeeeeease get a job with TfL. I'll chip in a few quid towards the
cost of the industrial tribunal.

Repent through spending