Old February 15th 16, 09:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Passenger strike causes delays at Plaistow

From
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3180236.html

District line suffers severe delays in morning rush hour 'caused by
passengers refusing to leave defective train'

A group of passengers refused to get off a defective train sparking severe
delays on the District Line during this morning's rush hour, according to
witnesses.

Tube services on the line ground to a halt this morning due to the
"customer incident."

Commuters hit out at the delays online.

Old February 16th 16, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 15/02/2016 22:20, Recliner wrote:
From
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3180236.html

District line suffers severe delays in morning rush hour 'caused by
passengers refusing to leave defective train'

A group of passengers refused to get off a defective train sparking severe
delays on the District Line during this morning's rush hour, according to
witnesses.

Tube services on the line ground to a halt this morning due to the
"customer incident."

Commuters hit out at the delays online.

An unusual happening. I wonder how many passengers stayed on the
defective train - was there perhaps a particularly vocal complainant in
one carriage who persuaded others to stay put I wonder?

Any time I've been in this situation people have got off pretty sharpish
once they realised what was happening.
Old February 17th 16, 08:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 23:26:33 +0000
Mizter T wrote:
On 15/02/2016 22:20, Recliner wrote:
From

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...line-sparked-b
-passengers-refusing-to-leave-defective-train-a3180236.html

District line suffers severe delays in morning rush hour 'caused by
passengers refusing to leave defective train'

A group of passengers refused to get off a defective train sparking severe
delays on the District Line during this morning's rush hour, according to
witnesses.

Tube services on the line ground to a halt this morning due to the
"customer incident."

Commuters hit out at the delays online.

An unusual happening. I wonder how many passengers stayed on the
defective train - was there perhaps a particularly vocal complainant in
one carriage who persuaded others to stay put I wonder?

People don't stage a sit in just because they're getting chucked off one train.
They've almost certainly been ****ed about with multiple times on that
journey already and I suspect that was the last straw.

--
Spud