London Banter

-   -   Piccadilly line strike (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14852-piccadilly-line-strike.html)

Offramp March 24th 16 08:08 PM

Piccadilly line strike

I was surprised at how much disruption the Piccadilly Line strike caused. Thursday has been very busy all night everywhere.

[email protected] March 25th 16 11:53 AM

Piccadilly line strike

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 15:46:23 +0000
On 2016-03-24 13:59:37 +0000, d said:
FWIW last time the ****s decided it would be a good idea to picket outside
Arnos Grove with theit union banners they got a mouthful from me. And half a
dozen other people. They don't do it anymore. Strange that.

Oh, and my real name is out there for anyone who can be arsed to look hard
enough.

I'm not the one hiding behind foul-mouthed anti-union hate speech.
That'll be you.

Sorry, its too late to add caveats. You said cowards don't post their real
names. Ergo you're a coward.

As for the RMT - they've gone beyond being a union, they're a politically
motivated blackmail group and need to be brought to heal or shut down
altogether.

--
Spud

[email protected] March 25th 16 01:46 PM

Piccadilly line strike

On 24.03.16 11:58, Graham Murray wrote:
Mizter T writes:

The ballot for action was called after a prolonged period of
industrial problems on the line – some of which have been directly
related to serious underlying issues with the aging Piccadilly Line
fleet. Those issues have left drivers in a vulnerable position

In what way are the drivers in a vulnerable position? Are they afraid
that angry passengers are going to break into their cab and assault
them?

I wonder if it is actually over plans to introduce the NT4L, thus
negating the need for drivers.

Does a similar plan exist for the Bakerloo?

[email protected] March 25th 16 03:11 PM

Piccadilly line strike

On Friday, 25 March 2016 12:53:07 UTC, wrote:

Sorry, its too late to add caveats. You said cowards don't post their real
names. Ergo you're a coward.

That is not actually a logical conclusion but hey, ho....
--
Joyce Whitchurch, Stalybridge, UK
=================================

Offramp March 25th 16 06:12 PM

Piccadilly line strike

*heel

eastender[_5_] March 25th 16 06:23 PM

Piccadilly line strike

On 2016-03-25 19:12:15 +0000, Offramp said:

*heel

He certainly is.

[email protected] March 25th 16 07:28 PM

Piccadilly line strike

Hey ho, you're ****ing useless at logic.

--
Spud

Recliner[_3_] March 25th 16 08:13 PM

Piccadilly line strike

Mizter T writes:

The ballot for action was called after a prolonged period of
industrial problems on the line – some of which have been directly
related to serious underlying issues with the aging Piccadilly Line
fleet. Those issues have left drivers in a vulnerable position

In what way are the drivers in a vulnerable position? Are they afraid
that angry passengers are going to break into their cab and assault
them?

I wonder if it is actually over plans to introduce the NT4L, thus
negating the need for drivers.

Does a similar plan exist for the Bakerloo?

Yes, and the Central and the Drain. The Bakerloo 72TS is even more
knackered than the 73TS.

[email protected] March 25th 16 10:09 PM

Piccadilly line strike

Mizter T writes:

The ballot for action was called after a prolonged period of
industrial problems on the line – some of which have been directly
related to serious underlying issues with the aging Piccadilly Line
fleet. Those issues have left drivers in a vulnerable position

In what way are the drivers in a vulnerable position? Are they afraid
that angry passengers are going to break into their cab and assault
them?

I wonder if it is actually over plans to introduce the NT4L, thus
negating the need for drivers.

Does a similar plan exist for the Bakerloo?

Yes, and the Central and the Drain. The Bakerloo 72TS is even more
knackered than the 73TS.

Yes, I was recently on a 72TS. You could hear the gears whining.

BTW, I noticed on the escalators at Piccadilly Circus that the "Stand on
the Right" and "Hold the Handrail" signs were on electronic displays,
rather than the simple blue signs. Why did they do that and what else
could those electronic signs display?

[email protected] March 25th 16 11:13 PM

Piccadilly line strike

In article , () wrote:

BTW, I noticed on the escalators at Piccadilly Circus that the "Stand
on the Right" and "Hold the Handrail" signs were on electronic
displays, rather than the simple blue signs. Why did they do that and
what else could those electronic signs display?

A follow-on to Holborn for a trial of standing only on escalators in peak
hours?

--
Colin Rosenstiel