Old April 1st 16, 07:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Rainbow Line

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/04/01...-line-will-be-
renamed-to-celebrate-pride/

"Mayor of London Boris Johnson told PinkNews: "I am thrilled to
welcome the Pride line to London’s thriving transport network,
where it will serve as a reminder of the struggle of LGBT people
across our great capital."

Old April 1st 16, 07:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

In message , at 08:17:26 on
Fri, 1 Apr 2016, e27002 aurora remarked:
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/04/01...-line-will-be-
renamed-to-celebrate-pride/

"Mayor of London Boris Johnson told PinkNews: "I am thrilled to
welcome the Pride line to London’s thriving transport network,
where it will serve as a reminder of the struggle of LGBT people
across our great capital."

April 1, already.

No ****, Sherlock.

"The Pride line will be officially named in a ceremony on April 31."
Old April 1st 16, 09:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016-04-01 07:25:48 +0000, Roland Perry said:

In message , at 08:17:26 on
Fri, 1 Apr 2016, e27002 aurora remarked:
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/04/01...-line-will-be-
renamed-to-celebrate-pride/

"Mayor of London Boris Johnson told PinkNews: "I am thrilled to
welcome the Pride line to London’s thriving transport network,
where it will serve as a reminder of the struggle of LGBT people
across our great capital."

April 1, already.

No ****, Sherlock.

"The Pride line will be officially named in a ceremony on April 31."

I heard that he's renaming all the exit signs as brexit.

Old April 1st 16, 06:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

On 01/04/2016 08:25, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:17:26 on
Fri, 1 Apr 2016, e27002 aurora remarked:
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/04/01...-line-will-be-
renamed-to-celebrate-pride/

"Mayor of London Boris Johnson told PinkNews: "I am thrilled to
welcome the Pride line to London’s thriving transport network,
where it will serve as a reminder of the struggle of LGBT people
across our great capital."

April 1, already.

No ****, Sherlock.

"The Pride line will be officially named in a ceremony on April 31."

I was quite excited when one of the candidates for mayor said they would
provide a subsidy for London Pride. It would have saved me a fortune.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old April 2nd 16, 08:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

On Fri, 1 Apr 2016 19:17:57 +0100, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

On 01/04/2016 08:25, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:17:26 on
Fri, 1 Apr 2016, e27002 aurora remarked:
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/04/01...-line-will-be-
renamed-to-celebrate-pride/

"Mayor of London Boris Johnson told PinkNews: "I am thrilled to
welcome the Pride line to London’s thriving transport network,
where it will serve as a reminder of the struggle of LGBT people
across our great capital."

April 1, already.

No ****, Sherlock.

"The Pride line will be officially named in a ceremony on April 31."

I was quite excited when one of the candidates for mayor said they would
provide a subsidy for London Pride. It would have saved me a fortune.

There are times when I wish Usenet had the ability to give an up-vote.
Old April 2nd 16, 10:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth

On Fri, 1 Apr 2016 08:11:31 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/04/01...-line-will-be-
renamed-to-celebrate-pride/

"Mayor of London Boris Johnson told PinkNews: "I am thrilled
to welcome the Pride line to London’s thriving transport network,
where it will serve as a reminder of the struggle of LGBT
people across our great capital."

Be very careful the "Bad Guy" hunter from Devon, david brooks,
may be on board.

Old April 2nd 16, 12:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

In message , at 13:23:46 on Sat, 2 Apr 2016,
" remarked:
Waitrose has announced that it will be the first supermarket to launch
on the TfL network by taking over a disused station on the Piccadilly
line.

The concourse at Down Street station will be redeveloped to create a
unique retail space for TfL customers.

Joking apart, I remember when there were shops (well, kiosks) on the
platform at several UndergrounD stations.

There still are - Embankment, Monument and Hammersmith come to mind
immediately.

The kiosks at Monument aren't behind the line, however, whereas the two
at Embankment on the District line are.

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm only interested in kiosks on platforms,
"airside" of the ticket barriers.
Old April 2nd 16, 12:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

In message , at 13:20:27 on Sat, 2 Apr 2016,
" remarked:

I remember that Cadbury had chocolate machines at most stations, though
they seem to have removed them about 10 years ago. Why was that?

Removed longer ago than that, I think.

Even when they worked, I suspect they probably vended more chocolate
bars to people with the necessary size of washers, rather than UK
coinage.