Old April 14th 16, 03:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL, Oyster, contactless payment cards and Apple Pay.

In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

On 14/04/2016 15:13, Walter Briscoe wrote:
[...]
You might like to consider taking a photo of the last 8 transactions at
a POM (Passenger Operated Machine).
Tourist Information Offices still issue paper statements.
I can't find a list on tfl.gov.uk, but have used them at Euston, King's
Cross St Pancras and Liverpool Street and believe there is another at
Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 3. There are probably others.

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payment...tickets/visito
r-centres

A friend for a long time claimed expenses by submitting (or at least
keeping) a smartphone photo of the journey history screen of their
Oyster card!

You can of course download the history, as recorded centrally, from the
internet. My problem is when gates to back office communication breaks down,
a bit too often for full confidence.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old April 14th 16, 03:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Mizter T) wrote:

On 14/04/2016 07:41,
wrote:
[...]
I understood a rail or tube journey would be needed for every top-up,
apparently incorrectly, and that his rail/tube usage wasn't enough
for that.

You were indeed incorrect. Once set up, auto-topup works just fine on
buses and always has since it started.

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payment...ount#on-this-p
age-4

"Your card is automatically topped up when you touch your Oyster card
on a yellow card reader at the start of a journey on bus, Tube, tram,
DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail, Emirates Air Line, River Bus or
National Rail services in London."

I think it might not have always auto-topped up on the Thames Clipper
river buses, but it does now.

The trouble is that auto top-up is still only really for regular users,
unless you like TfL to hold many month's worth of travel as advance payments.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old April 14th 16, 07:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

You can configure your online Oyster account to send you a weekly statement of your Ouster usage (if there has been any). It comes as both a PDF (good for expenses claims) and a CSV (good for importing into a spreadsheet).

Old April 14th 16, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14/04/2016 15:23, Mizter T wrote:

On 13/04/2016 23:33, Recliner wrote:
[...]
The only problem I have (and it's not that bad) is I have to keep my
Oyster & my Freedom Card separate.

Just curious, if you have a Freedom Pass, why are you still a heavy
Oyster user?

Guessing, he regularly travels on NR routes (which are on the NR fare
scale, not the TfL fare scale) before 0930 on weekdays.

The Freedom Pass map does look more complicated these days!
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/static/documents/content/freedom_pass_map.pdf

(Lest anyone complains, its because the FP offers more than it used to
courtesy of the various TfL run rail services.)

Spot on sir.

---

Old April 15th 16, 12:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Steve Lewis) wrote:

You can configure your online Oyster account to send you a weekly
statement of your Ouster usage (if there has been any). It comes as
both a PDF (good for expenses claims) and a CSV (good for importing
into a spreadsheet).

Yes, I know, though it didn't seem to send all Contactless usage on the
account.

--
Colin Rosenstiel