Old April 20th 16, 02:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL, Oyster, contactless payment cards and Apple Pay.

In message of Thu, 14
Apr 2016 10:49:06 in uk.transport.london,
writes
In article ,

(Walter Briscoe) wrote:

In message of Thu, 14
Apr 2016 08:21:58 in uk.transport.london,

writes
In article ,
(Tony
Dragon) wrote:

On 12/04/2016 12:49, David Cantrell wrote:

Sadly not in my case. My wife and I made a return trip through Heathrow
Terminal 5. My Oyster exit wasn't registered centrally (though it was on
the card) on the outward journey and my wife's entry wasn't registered
inwards. You have to watch the system like a hawk. Earlier my wife didn't
get registered at one end of King's Cross to Westminster return journey
on both outward and return legs. She didn't even notice the overcharge
until she used the card again about a year later. It took ages to
persuade TfL to sort that out, despite the evidence on the card. Again
the central system didn't have the data. Hence my concern that one can't
get printouts of the data on the card any more.

You might like to consider taking a photo of the last 8 transactions at
a POM (Passenger Operated Machine).

That was my solution but it can be a bit hit or miss getting a sharp picture.

Tourist Information Offices still issue paper statements.

Worth remembering at Liverpool St. Thanks.

I can't find a list on tfl.gov.uk, but have used them at Euston, King's
Cross St Pancras and Liverpool Street and believe there is another at
Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 3. There are probably others.

Not sure there's anything at King's Cross St Pancras now. I looked in vain
some time ago.

West end of Western Ticket Hall. On path to St. Pancras. Up a few steps.
Western Ticket Hall serves Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan
lines.

Thanks to Mizter T for information office URL
https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payment...op-up-and-buy-
tickets/visitor-centres

I almost always take my bike with me these days and don't use the tube.

--
Walter Briscoe

Old April 20th 16, 02:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Thu, 14 Apr 2016 17:37:00 in
uk.transport.london, Mizter T writes

On 14/04/2016 16:49, wrote:

In article ,
(Mizter T) wrote:

On 14/04/2016 07:41,
wrote:

[snip]

The thing I always remind people of is the ability to top-up at many
National Rail TVMs at mainline stations on arrival, so avoiding the
need to use the busy LU TVMs.

TVM? Each TLA excludes.
--
Walter Briscoe