Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 16th 16, 09:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The Bletchley Fly-over

In message , Robin9
wrote:
Incidentally, a few mile west of Bletchley on the route the
fly-over was to serve lies Verney Junction, now of course
closed for decades. I was there a few weeks ago. To my
surprise the track in still in place and the station platforms
have not been demolished.

I think they've been cleared recently. I have a photo taken in 2012
where there are trees 3 metres high in the four foot.

Nor has the overhead bridge which,
I guess, brought in the line from Aylesbury.

What bridge? The only bridge on the Met. was demolished many years ago.
Or do you mean the one on the line from Milton Keynes about half a mile
east of Verney Junction?

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org