Old February 27th 04, 09:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Discount Travelcard (formally Youth LT?) on oyster

Hi

I was hoping someone will be able to confirm that the Youth LT for
students has changed? I ask because my Record Card with my Oystercard
now shows I have a "Discount Travelcard" and when I look at the TfL
site for validity information they no longer mention any restriction
of students from using BR services in London. Previously they have
clearly stated that we could not use BR when it was refereed to as a
"Youth LT".

So I'm guessing I can now use BR services within the zones I have on
my oyster?

Problem now is, my local BR station doesn't have an Oystercard reader
so I guess I don't touch in/out at that station. Is that what other
people are doing?

Cheers
Pascal