Old June 5th 16, 09:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default New Tube map shows Croydon Tramlink for the first time

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf

Londonist interviews the cartographer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raQ3o88SOiA

Old June 6th 16, 10:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sunday, 5 June 2016 22:47:59 UTC+1, Basil Jet wrote:
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf

Londonist interviews the cartographer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raQ3o88SOiA

It certainly helps in visually balancing the north/south disparity.
Old June 6th 16, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Basil Jet wrote:

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf

Londonist interviews the cartographer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raQ3o88SOiA

I hadn't realised that hadn't been done before. But it does look odd
leaving out non-TfL rail lines. For example, on that map, East Croydon
looks like a little wayside halt compared to West Croydon. I wonder if the
other lines shouldn't have been shown in a pale grey?

Old June 6th 16, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 2016\06\06 11:44, Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf

Londonist interviews the cartographer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raQ3o88SOiA

I hadn't realised that hadn't been done before. But it does look odd
leaving out non-TfL rail lines. For example, on that map, East Croydon
looks like a little wayside halt compared to West Croydon. I wonder if the
other lines shouldn't have been shown in a pale grey?

There is of course a map that shows all rail lines plus the danglebahn.
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/london-rai...rvices-map.pdf

While I'm here, the Overground map in the Goblin trains (which is
presumably the same as the one in the other Overground trains) is AWFUL.
I know it's topological, but Liverpool Street has ended up in completely
the wrong part of the map. I don't know why Overground maps even
exist... there is no Underground map in tube trains or anywhere.
Old June 6th 16, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Basil Jet wrote:

[...]

There's a central area map on Underground trains.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old June 6th 16, 11:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 2016\06\06 12:11, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 06/06/2016 12:06, Basil Jet wrote:

there is no Underground map in tube trains or anywhere.

There's a central area map on Underground trains.

.... which shows the Overground at Euston and Liverpool Street.

Old June 6th 16, 12:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote:

On Sunday, 5 June 2016 22:47:59 UTC+1, Basil Jet wrote:
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf

Londonist interviews the cartographer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raQ3o88SOiA

It certainly helps in visually balancing the north/south disparity.

But is useless in working out how to get around South London as most
links are not there

--
Mark
Old June 7th 16, 12:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Basil Jet wrote:

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/standard-tube-map.pdf

Londonist interviews the cartographer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raQ3o88SOiA

I hadn't realised that hadn't been done before. But it does look odd
leaving out non-TfL rail lines. For example, on that map, East Croydon
looks like a little wayside halt compared to West Croydon. I wonder if the
other lines shouldn't have been shown in a pale grey?

There is of course a map that shows all rail lines plus the danglebahn.
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/london-rai...rvices-map.pdf

While I'm here, the Overground map in the Goblin trains (which is
presumably the same as the one in the other Overground trains) is AWFUL.

There are more recent additional maps in cl.378 (AC units at least)
trains for each line in roughly the same style of the line diagrams
displayed in Underground trains. As with S stock which serves both
Circle and District Lines, there are separate maps for each line as
known (e.g. DC and NLL) before being lumped together as Overground in
addition to the existing "whole system" maps.