Old June 7th 16, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Default Uber are seeking more drivers!

On Monday, 6 June 2016 21:37:00 UTC+1, Robin9 wrote:
While listening to LBC this morning, I was startled by an
advert of behalf of Uber. They were looking for drivers!
I always believed they had more drivers than they needed,
and that their reduction of the drivers' percentage of fares
was a reflection of that.

So why are Uber advertising for drivers? Is that they are
expanding ever more rapidly or is that drivers are deserting
Uber in large numbers?

Incidentally, apparently in another LBC programme, Sadiq Khan
said he though TfL had made a mistake in giving a licence to
Uber. Did anyone hear that programme?

--
Robin9

For once I agree with Khan. The Uxxx drivers that hang around the villages near Heathrow waiting for calls are a bl**dy menace. They have been reported as urinating (****ing) and even defecating (****ting) in residents' gardens and also in public places.

See this site:

http://taxi-news.co.uk/police-ignore...rs-harlington/

CJB

Old June 7th 16, 11:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016-06-07 08:18:37 +0000, d said:

Its no different to if a minicab firm has its cars driving around waiting for
messages on the radio to go pick up someone nearby.

Which they are allowed to do, and it is a common use-case for minicabs
outside London.

Neil
--
Neil Williams

Old June 7th 16, 11:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016-06-07 08:47:34 +0000, tim... said:

whether they did on not, they definitely need to enforce the disability
rules against Uber cabs properly

We can argue for as long as you like whether we should, or should not
have these rules, but whilst we do all cabs should be expected to
comply equally.

The idea that (some/most) Uber drivers can reduce their costs by only
serving the cheaper customer whilst leaving the higher costs of
servicing disabled people only to black cabs is simply unacceptable.

If you are going to do that, you also need to enforce it against all
minicab companies as well. Uber is basically a minicab company.

Notably, the result of requiring all cabs to be accessible is lots of
large, filthy vehicles driving around central London with one passenger
on journeys where a small hybrid would do just as well. This is not
sensible. Something like Uber does give the possibility of having an
accessible subfleet like minicab companies do and preferentially
allocating it to those needing it.

Neil
--
Neil Williams

Old June 7th 16, 11:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london