Old June 10th 16, 08:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Why does the victoria line still have signals?

Have they simply not got around to removing them or do they still play a role
occasionally? Perhaps to let the station staff know when a train can leave?

--
Spud

Old June 10th 16, 08:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 08:28:20 on Fri, 10 Jun
2016, d remarked:
Have they simply not got around to removing them or do they still play a role
occasionally? Perhaps to let the station staff know when a train can leave?

Maybe for engineering trains?
Old June 10th 16, 09:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 09:37:09 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:28:20 on Fri, 10 Jun
2016, d remarked:
Have they simply not got around to removing them or do they still play a role
occasionally? Perhaps to let the station staff know when a train can leave?

Maybe for engineering trains?

Don't they have possession of the line anyway? I can't imagine any running
during normal passenger service.

--
Spud

Old June 10th 16, 02:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 08:02:43 -0400
burfordTjustice wrote:

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:28:20 on Fri, 10 Jun
2016, d remarked:
Have they simply not got around to removing them or do they still
play a role occasionally? Perhaps to let the station staff know
when a train can leave?

Maybe for engineering trains?

Don't they have possession of the line anyway? I can't imagine any
running during normal passenger service.

--
Spud

Because you can't imagine it, then it must be so?

Get ****ing real.

Tell us how an engineering train would slot in between a one train a minute
ATO service then genius.

--
Spud

Old June 10th 16, 02:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 10:45:28 -0400
burfordTjustice wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 14:42:10 +0000 (UTC)
wrote:
Tell us how an engineering train would slot in between a one train a
minute ATO service then genius.

--
Spud

Well i can't imagine so it is so genius.

I'd lay off the weed if I were you. Its not doing your brain any favours.

--
Spud

Old June 13th 16, 08:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 13:47:49 +0100
" wrote:
One thing that I don't understand, however, is why they replaced the
waysides with other waysides with three lenses. Could they simply not
have used one lense with LEDs, the way they do on NR?

It usually comes down to money in the end. Probably easier to replace than
rebuild.

--
Spud