London Banter

-   -   Lifts List (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/14983-lifts-list.html)

Offramp June 26th 16 01:51 PM

Lifts List

Hainault has the shortest genuine enclosed lift on TfL. I think Chancery Lane has the shortest escalator; is that still true?

I'd love to have in one place all the unica of LUL's up/down/sideways passenger movers.

Basil Jet[_4_] June 26th 16 03:56 PM

Lifts List

On 2016\06\26 14:51, Offramp wrote:
Hainault has the shortest genuine enclosed lift on TfL.

Are you sure? Hounslow East is very short.

Recliner[_3_] June 26th 16 04:06 PM

Lifts List

Offramp wrote:
Hainault has the shortest genuine enclosed lift on TfL. I think Chancery
Lane has the shortest escalator; is that still true?

I'd love to have in one place all the unica of LUL's up/down/sideways passenger movers.

How does the Hainault lift compare with the very short St Pancras one, down
from the mainline station to the western Tube ticket hall?

David Walters June 26th 16 05:02 PM

Lifts List

http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/vertical.html is a start

Offramp June 26th 16 05:54 PM

Lifts List

On Sunday, 26 June 2016 16:56:02 UTC+1, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2016\06\26 14:51, Offramp wrote:
Hainault has the shortest genuine enclosed lift on TfL.

Are you sure? Hounslow East is very short.

I have been to Hainault. It is certainly less than 1 metre, and it isn't one of thsoe stannah/churchill type one wheelchair lifts. It is a fully enclosed, doors either side lift. Its presence means that one does not have to negotiate three steps.

Clive D.W. Feather June 27th 16 08:48 PM

Lifts List

With more details on http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/vdetails.html

Richard J.[_3_] June 27th 16 10:05 PM

Lifts List

Clive D.W. Feather wrote on 27 Jun 2016 at 21:48 ...
On 26/06/2016 18:02, David Walters wrote:
I'd love to have in one place all the unica of LUL's up/down/sideways passenger movers.

http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/vertical.html is a start

With more details on http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/vdetails.html

Clive, I note that you still claim that Angel has "allegedly the longest
escalators in Western Europe". Probably they have the highest rise
(27.39m), but the escalators from Heathrow Terminal 5 to the people
movers that serve the satellite terminals are said to be "the longest
open design escalator in Europe" (whatever that means), though with a
lesser rise of 21.75m.
http://www.kone.co.uk/references/GB-...AA-terminal-5/
http://www.ammonia21.com/web/assets/...fo_packnew.pdf

Offramp: You asked whether Chancery Lane still has the shortest
escalator. Clive's list shows Stratford as having two with 4.11m rises,
compared to Chancery Lane at 4.57m.

--
Richard J.

Offramp June 27th 16 10:16 PM

Lifts List

I know Stratters pretty well. Where is that escalator?

Richard J.[_3_] June 27th 16 11:47 PM

Lifts List

Offramp wrote on 27 Jun 2016 at 23:16 ...
I know Stratters pretty well. Where is that escalator?

There are two of them. Details are in the table at the link that Clive
provided.
--
Richard J.

Robin9 June 28th 16 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Offramp (Post 156540)
I know Stratters pretty well. Where is that escalator?

At the western end of the subway, and leading to Westfield.