Old June 26th 16, 01:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Lifts List

Hainault has the shortest genuine enclosed lift on TfL. I think Chancery Lane has the shortest escalator; is that still true?

I'd love to have in one place all the unica of LUL's up/down/sideways passenger movers.

Old June 26th 16, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016\06\26 14:51, Offramp wrote:
Hainault has the shortest genuine enclosed lift on TfL.

Are you sure? Hounslow East is very short.
Old June 26th 16, 04:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote:
Hainault has the shortest genuine enclosed lift on TfL. I think Chancery
Lane has the shortest escalator; is that still true?

I'd love to have in one place all the unica of LUL's up/down/sideways passenger movers.

How does the Hainault lift compare with the very short St Pancras one, down
from the mainline station to the western Tube ticket hall?

Old June 26th 16, 05:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/vertical.html is a start
Old June 26th 16, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sunday, 26 June 2016 16:56:02 UTC+1, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2016\06\26 14:51, Offramp wrote:
Hainault has the shortest genuine enclosed lift on TfL.

Are you sure? Hounslow East is very short.

I have been to Hainault. It is certainly less than 1 metre, and it isn't one of thsoe stannah/churchill type one wheelchair lifts. It is a fully enclosed, doors either side lift. Its presence means that one does not have to negotiate three steps.

Old June 27th 16, 08:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

With more details on http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/vdetails.html

Old June 27th 16, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive D.W. Feather wrote on 27 Jun 2016 at 21:48 ...
On 26/06/2016 18:02, David Walters wrote:
I'd love to have in one place all the unica of LUL's up/down/sideways passenger movers.

http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/vertical.html is a start

With more details on http://www.davros.org/rail/culg/vdetails.html

Clive, I note that you still claim that Angel has "allegedly the longest
escalators in Western Europe". Probably they have the highest rise
(27.39m), but the escalators from Heathrow Terminal 5 to the people
movers that serve the satellite terminals are said to be "the longest
open design escalator in Europe" (whatever that means), though with a
lesser rise of 21.75m.
http://www.kone.co.uk/references/GB-...AA-terminal-5/
http://www.ammonia21.com/web/assets/...fo_packnew.pdf

Offramp: You asked whether Chancery Lane still has the shortest
escalator. Clive's list shows Stratford as having two with 4.11m rises,
compared to Chancery Lane at 4.57m.

--
Richard J.
Old June 27th 16, 10:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I know Stratters pretty well. Where is that escalator?
Old June 27th 16, 11:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote on 27 Jun 2016 at 23:16 ...
I know Stratters pretty well. Where is that escalator?

There are two of them. Details are in the table at the link that Clive
provided.
--
Richard J.
Old June 28th 16, 04:59 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offramp View Post
I know Stratters pretty well. Where is that escalator?
At the western end of the subway, and leading to Westfield.