Old July 1st 16, 09:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and TurningSouth London Orange?

On 01/07/2016 21:50, Recliner wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 01/07/2016 21:28, Hils wrote:
On 30/06/16 18:21, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 11:21:22 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:

Now that the entire population of the Middle East are no longer moving
to London, are any major schemes about to be cancelled?

Good grief. :-(

Indeed. Most of the population of the Middle East are staying in the
Middle East. It's mostly Middle Eastern retards, criminals and feckless
who are moving to Europe.

So nobody fleeing for their lives in the face of murderous onslaughts by
Assad or IS then?

I assume Hils is a supporter of Assad, as they appear to share many of the
same policies.

A little unfair on Assad…

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old July 1st 16, 09:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 01/07/16 21:28, Hils wrote:
It's mostly Middle Eastern retards, criminals and feckless who are
moving to Europe.

It seems most unlikely that those with learning disabilities and the
feckless would have the means and enterprise to make their way across
several thousand miles to Europe. Do you have any evidence to support
this remarkable assertion?

Ian
Old July 2nd 16, 10:14 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 18:10:48 on Fri, 1 Jul 2016,
tim... remarked:

So Farage's infamous poster had no effect at all? What a waste of his
money.

Which of Farage's posters said "Vote leave and the queues of people
trying to *illegally* enter Britain will disappear?"

The one you claimed not to have seen.

why do you doubt that claim?

I don't doubt the claim, I'm just a bit surprised that someone who is
therefore so out of touch with current affairs feels his opinions should
be taken seriously.

you are being ridiculous

I didn't see the picture, so what?

I did see all the media coverage of it

how does that make me out of touch?

Brexit is all about legal immigrants, the people queuing up at Calais
are illegals

Er, no. Brexit is also about (or so the leave voters were told) reducing
legal immigrants,

Yeah, that's what I said

as well as being able to come down harder on illegal immigrants.

Oh no it's not

See the poster dear Liza.

The discussion was on Brexit's (expected) impact on immigration

see above "Brexit is all about legal immigrants"

Not what the poster said.

It has been claimed many times that some of the posters bore no relationship
to the (overall) argument (often with reason). Why have you suddenly
decided that one of the posters (and the one that got the most flack) should
be taken at face value just because it suits your minuscule little debating
point.

tim

Old July 2nd 16, 11:52 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and

On 1 Jul 2016 16:42:24 GMT
Jeremy Double wrote:
wrote:
Well hopefully once the law is re-adjusted and we no longer have to cowtow to
that ****ing human rights act then once these illegals are found they can be
booted out ASAP instead of parasite lawyers dragging the process out for

years
with some variation on right to family life or BS a`bout being tortured if
they're sent back.

The recent vote was to leave the EU, not the European Convention on Human
Rights, which is separate from the EU...

See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro...n_Human_Rights

To be part of the EU you have to uphold said convention. Now we're leaving
that no longer applies.

--
Spud

Old July 2nd 16, 12:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:52:09 on Sat, 2 Jul
2016, d remarked:
The recent vote was to leave the EU, not the European Convention on Human
Rights, which is separate from the EU...

See
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro...n_Human_Rights

To be part of the EU you have to uphold said convention. Now we're leaving
that no longer applies.

Wrong. It applies as long as we are members of the Council of Europe. A
completely different body.
Old July 2nd 16, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Bob Bob is offline

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:52:09 on Sat, 2 Jul
2016, d remarked:
The recent vote was to leave the EU, not the European Convention on Human
Rights, which is separate from the EU...

See
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro...n_Human_Rights

To be part of the EU you have to uphold said convention. Now we're leaving
that no longer applies.

Wrong. It applies as long as we are members of the Council of Europe. A
completely different body.

It's not wrong in that it is an EU requirement. The EU requirement isn't
the only reason it is required, though. Given that we wrote it, though, it
would seem rather inappropriate not to conform to it.

Robin

Old July 2nd 16, 01:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 02/07/2016 13:52, bob wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:52:09 on Sat, 2 Jul
2016, d remarked:
The recent vote was to leave the EU, not the European Convention on Human
Rights, which is separate from the EU...

See
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro...n_Human_Rights

To be part of the EU you have to uphold said convention. Now we're leaving
that no longer applies.

Wrong. It applies as long as we are members of the Council of Europe. A
completely different body.

It's not wrong in that it is an EU requirement. The EU requirement isn't
the only reason it is required, though. Given that we wrote it, though, it
would seem rather inappropriate not to conform to it.

Whether we are conforming to it should be a matter only for British courts.
Old July 2nd 16, 05:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

JNugent wrote:
On 02/07/2016 13:52, bob wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:52:09 on Sat, 2 Jul
2016, d remarked:
The recent vote was to leave the EU, not the European Convention on Human
Rights, which is separate from the EU...

See
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro...n_Human_Rights

To be part of the EU you have to uphold said convention. Now we're leaving
that no longer applies.

Wrong. It applies as long as we are members of the Council of Europe. A
completely different body.

It's not wrong in that it is an EU requirement. The EU requirement isn't
the only reason it is required, though. Given that we wrote it, though, it
would seem rather inappropriate not to conform to it.

Whether we are conforming to it should be a matter only for British courts.

No, that's decided by the European Court of Human Rights (nothing to do
with the EU, by the way)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro...f_Human_Rights

Of course, the Labour government made decisions about compliance with the
Convention a matter for the British courts, so fewer cases from Britain go
to the European Court of Human Rights now.

--
Jeremy Double