Old July 17th 16, 04:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and

In article
-septembe
r.org, (Recliner) wrote:

Optimist wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 00:07:48 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Optimist wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 08:20:54 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 15:49:33
on Fri, 15 Jul 2016, Optimist
remarked:
Then the shortfall should be paid by the UK treasury, and deducted
from the amount paid to Brussels.

It's not so simple. Countries are not rewarded with research
participation based on their EU contributions. They are included
because their universities are appropriate participants. We have
the best EU universities and so were included disproportionately;
now, knowing we will soon be gone, our universities are not
considered for inclusion in new EU-funded projects, as their work
may not be funded after 2018.

Same answer - fund our OWN universities from the amount we pay in EU
contributions.

But the whole £350m(sic) has already been promised to the NHS, or was
it Cornwall, or perhaps Wales.

Our universities are world-class, so it would be foolish of the EU not
to co-operate with us as they do with other non-EU countries. If they
decide not to, well, we can co-operate with other countries instead,
their loss not ours.

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ding-hit-by-br
exit-vote

The fact is the hundreds of millions of pounds supposedly from the EU
are provided by UK taxpayers in the first place.

This is one of the areas where we got back more than we put in. So Brexit
means we'll have to pay more for a lower quality of cooperation in future.

So, if they axe a grant, UK can pay it directly instead and deduct the
amount from what is given to Brussels.

Typical Brexiter lie.

And it's not just money. Much of the benefit to research flows from the free
movement of people with the ideas. Brexiters are too clueless to realise the
damage they have already done with worse to come.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old July 17th 16, 04:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 11:31:53 -0500, wrote:

In article
-septembe
r.org,

wrote:

[...]

People with ideas travel all over the world today, as they did prior to 1973 within Europe.

Get real.
Old July 17th 16, 09:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Optimist) wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 11:31:53 -0500,

wrote:

In article
-
september.org,

wrote:

[...]

Have you compared the numbers? They've risen sharply in Cambridge.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old July 18th 16, 08:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
In article
-septembe

wrote:

[...]

Look,

I have already told you:

People voted for Brexit on the basis of how it affects THEIR lives/world.

You have absolutely no right at all to expect them to vote on the basis of
how it affects YOURS, unless you are undertaking to equally share all the
benefits that accrue by that decision.

And the reality is that the people who benefit by remaining in the EU had
absolutely no intention of doing that, that wanted the downtrodden to vote
to remain so that that could keep all the extra jam it created for
themselves. - Greedy *******s!

tim

Old July 18th 16, 09:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 09:25:55 on Mon, 18
Jul 2016, Neil Williams remarked:

You can have free movement of researchers between universities, with
contracts in place, without having free movement of unemployed people
looking to be bus drivers, plumbers or whatever. It isn't[1] all or
nothing.

You can't have a scheme like that without being policed by visas, work
permits, or whatever. At which point it's not "free movement" in the
normal EU sense.

Old July 18th 16, 10:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (tim...)
wrote:

wrote in message
In article
-s
eptember.org,

wrote:

[...]

How they were told it would affect their lives, not the reality. They
refused to believe what they were told in this post-truth world of politics.
See Cornwall and Wales asking to keep their EU subsidies just after they
voted to lose them, for example.

You have absolutely no right at all to expect them to vote on the
basis of how it affects YOURS, unless you are undertaking to equally
share all the benefits that accrue by that decision.

I'm not. I'm expecting them not to vote for national suicide.

And the reality is that the people who benefit by remaining in the EU
had absolutely no intention of doing that, that wanted the
downtrodden to vote to remain so that that could keep all the extra
jam it created for themselves. - Greedy *******s!

The whole country will be worse off if we leave the EU. It is already worse
off in anticipation of that happening.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old July 18th 16, 11:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016-07-18 09:33:25 +0000, Roland Perry said:

You can't have a scheme like that without being policed by visas, work
permits, or whatever. At which point it's not "free movement" in the
normal EU sense.

A work permit is still required to work in Switzerland for more than a
few months, despite it being part of the freedom of movement treaties
(for now).

Neil
--
Neil Williams