Old July 18th 16, 11:57 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default 13 foot deep hole appears under railway in Forest Hill

Old July 19th 16, 12:42 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 00:57:37 +0100, Basil Jet

I refer the Hon. Usenaut to the previous "Wrong kind of hole on the
line at Forest Hill".
Old July 19th 16, 01:19 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

.... second thread on the hole ....

Old July 19th 16, 01:30 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In article ,
Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

... second thread on the hole ....

Threaded holes ? Something's screwy ...

Nick
Old July 19th 16, 07:46 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 2016\07\19 01:42, Charles Ellson wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 00:57:37 +0100, Basil Jet

I refer the Hon. Usenaut to the previous "Wrong kind of hole on the
line at Forest Hill".

Since my post was to uk.transport.london as well as uk.railway, and the
thread to which you refer was only in uk.railway, you two trying to make
a fool of me have made fools of yourselves by maintaining the crosspost.

Old July 19th 16, 08:37 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 19/07/16 08:46, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2016\07\19 01:42, Charles Ellson wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 00:57:37 +0100, Basil Jet

I refer the Hon. Usenaut to the previous "Wrong kind of hole on the
line at Forest Hill".

Since my post was to uk.transport.london as well as uk.railway, and the
thread to which you refer was only in uk.railway, you two trying to make
a fool of me have made fools of yourselves by maintaining the crosspost.

If you're going to take that stance I would suggest you've made a fool
of yourself by cross posting it to uk.railway when it had previously
been reported here. Why didn't you post it to uk.transport.london alone?
Old July 26th 16, 02:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 19/07/2016 00:57, Basil Jet wrote:

Do Network Rail do any kind of checks or investigations for the
potential of such sink holes... indeed is it even possible?

(A question for someone versed in soil mechanics I guess... a
fascinating field of which I have no expertise!)
Old July 26th 16, 03:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 15:40:52 +0100
Mizter T wrote:
On 19/07/2016 00:57, Basil Jet wrote:

Do Network Rail do any kind of checks or investigations for the
potential of such sink holes... indeed is it even possible?

(A question for someone versed in soil mechanics I guess... a
fascinating field of which I have no expertise!)

I'd be more worried about what caused it. Clearly there was some sort of
void underneath that had been forgotten about. A disused sewer or a cellar
or something? I wonder how many more there are?

--
Spud

Old July 26th 16, 04:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:
On 19/07/2016 00:57, Basil Jet wrote:

Do Network Rail do any kind of checks or investigations for the
potential of such sink holes... indeed is it even possible?

(A question for someone versed in soil mechanics I guess... a
fascinating field of which I have no expertise!)

I'd be more worried about what caused it. Clearly there was some sort of
void underneath that had been forgotten about. A disused sewer or a cellar
or something? I wonder how many more there are?

--
Spud

Sewer.

Wasting your time in London - the place is riddled with unknown
services, pipes and voids.