Old July 19th 16, 08:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Hot lines

http://www.citymetric.com/transport/...tube-line-1186

Old July 20th 16, 09:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I think the hottest temperatures irregularly encounter are on the VICTORIA LINE between GREEN PARK and VICTORIA when punters are ****arsing around at Victoria and my packed train stops in the tunnel. The equanimity shown by my fellow passengers is totally admirable.
Old July 20th 16, 10:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 02:51:20 -0700 (PDT)
Offramp wrote:
I think the hottest temperatures irregularly encounter are on the VICTORIA =
LINE between GREEN PARK and VICTORIA when punters are ****arsing around at =
Victoria and my packed train stops in the tunnel. The equanimity shown by m=
y fellow passengers is totally admirable.

Probably a combination of dumb commuters and stupid helath and safety rules
that LU seems to use now - train can't be given all clear to leave until
the platform guy says so and he won't do it unless everyone is behind the
yellow line. Similarly a lot of drivers just keep sounding the door bleeps
to make sure everyone is inside but that doesn't work if people have headphones
on and are oblivious to anything short of a nuclear war.

When I twer' lad, the trains didn't have door bleep and the drivers just used
to shut the doors and if your head got thumped then tough. He'd re-open them
and close them quick enough so it got thumped again if you were really thick.

--
Spud

Old July 20th 16, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote:
I think the hottest temperatures irregularly encounter are on the
VICTORIA LINE between GREEN PARK and VICTORIA when punters are ****arsing
around at Victoria and my packed train stops in the tunnel. The
equanimity shown by my fellow passengers is totally admirable.

Here's a couple of people from a hotter country on the hot Central line:
http://www.thenational.ae/uae/govern...on-underground

I bet they missed the air-conditioning that their normal, slightly more
luxurious transport provides.

Old July 20th 16, 11:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 10:51:20 +0100, Offramp wrote:

I think the hottest temperatures irregularly encounter are on the
VICTORIA LINE between GREEN PARK and VICTORIA when punters are
****arsing around at Victoria and my packed train stops in the tunnel.
The equanimity shown by my fellow passengers is totally admirable.

But then, elsewhere, bus drivers have turned the heating on: "Passengers
'boiled alive' on heated buses"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-36849648 . So, lucky it is
you can count yourself.

Old July 26th 16, 02:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21/07/2016 00:02, David Jones wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 10:51:20 +0100, Offramp wrote:

I think the hottest temperatures irregularly encounter are on the
VICTORIA LINE between GREEN PARK and VICTORIA when punters are
****arsing around at Victoria and my packed train stops in the tunnel.
The equanimity shown by my fellow passengers is totally admirable.

But then, elsewhere, bus drivers have turned the heating on: "Passengers
'boiled alive' on heated buses"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-36849648 . So, lucky it
is you can count yourself.

On some models of buses the heating can only be turned on and off at the
garage by a fitter. Seems to me an absurd design element, but it can
explain some hot buses - certainly it's something that has happened in
London in the recent past.