London Banter

-   -   If you can read this, you're already stuck... (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15039-if-you-can-read-youre.html)

Someone Somewhere August 10th 16 11:45 AM

If you can read this, you're already stuck...

Recliner[_3_] August 10th 16 02:43 PM

If you can read this, you're already stuck...

Someone Somewhere wrote:

I wonder how many dozy drivers trying to read the signs will run into the
back of the bus or an intermediate car?

[email protected] August 10th 16 03:02 PM

If you can read this, you're already stuck...

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 12:45:02 +0100
Someone Somewhere wrote:

Nice bit of irony there. When I used to drive to work around London a lot of
delays were caused by buses blocking the roads at bus stops because there
wasn't enough room for vehicles to pass if there was oncoming traffic.

--
Spud

Bryan Morris August 10th 16 03:07 PM

If you can read this, you're already stuck...

In message
-sept
ember.org, Recliner writes
Someone Somewhere wrote:

I wonder how many dozy drivers trying to read the signs will run into the
back of the bus or an intermediate car?

I really can't see the logic of this. It appears to be only of relevance
if following the bus routle, is distracting and covers no more info than
my sat nav.
--
Bryan Morris

Basil Jet[_4_] August 10th 16 09:13 PM

If you can read this, you're already stuck...

On 2016\08\10 16:07, Bryan Morris wrote:
In message
-sept
ember.org, Recliner writes
Someone Somewhere wrote:

I wonder how many dozy drivers trying to read the signs will run into the
back of the bus or an intermediate car?

I really can't see the logic of this. It appears to be only of relevance
if following the bus routle, is distracting and covers no more info than
my sat nav.

Maybe the display manufacturer had a brown envelope of money going spare
and it went under someone's table into someone's pocket!

Robin9 August 11th 16 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 157445)
Someone Somewhere wrote:

Nice bit of irony there. When I used to drive to work around London a lot of
delays were caused by buses blocking the roads at bus stops because there
wasn't enough room for vehicles to pass if there was oncoming traffic.

--
Spud

Appallingly, that is still the case. When TfL was first set up,
Ken Livingstone and Derek Turner began widening pavements
at bus stops to ensure that no vehicles could pass the bus.
(Like so many of the anti-motor car tricks deployed by TfL, the
idea had been pioneered in Waltham Forest)

Mizter T August 13th 16 04:24 PM

Someone Somewhere wrote:

I wonder how many dozy drivers trying to read the signs will run into
the back of the bus or an intermediate car?

I really can't see the logic of this. It appears to be only of relevance
if following the bus routle, is distracting and covers no more info than
my sat nav.

Maybe the display manufacturer had a brown envelope of money going spare
and it went under someone's table into someone's pocket!

Or maybe it's just an idea that's being trialled. Seeing everything as a
conspiracy must be very trying.

Mizter T August 13th 16 04:24 PM

On 10/08/2016 15:43, Recliner wrote:

Someone Somewhere wrote:

I wonder how many dozy drivers trying to read the signs will run into the
back of the bus or an intermediate car?

My thoughts. Still, perhaps it's worth a trial.