Old April 1st 04, 07:33 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Default Green Party lunacy

Alan O'Brien ) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying :

Do me a favour! You make it sound like the pedestrians are at fault!

Erm, yes...

Cyclists do this really annoying thing:
You are listening out for cars as you cross the road - suddenly, when
the pushbike is right on top of you, you get this pathetic little
tinkle.

OK, so that's the cyclist's fault - I'd have shouted abuse at you, you
blind fool.

I murmur to the cyclist, 'Sorry, didn't see you.'

Could that be because you didn't LOOK, just listen?

If you'd looked, you'd have seen the bike.

You'd better start learning before electric cars get into widespread
use....

Old April 3rd 04, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 07:33:35 +0000, Adrian wrote:

Alan O'Brien ) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying :

Do me a favour! You make it sound like the pedestrians are at fault!

Erm, yes...

Cyclists do this really annoying thing:
You are listening out for cars as you cross the road - suddenly, when
the pushbike is right on top of you, you get this pathetic little
tinkle.

OK, so that's the cyclist's fault - I'd have shouted abuse at you, you
blind fool.

I murmur to the cyclist, 'Sorry, didn't see you.'

Could that be because you didn't LOOK, just listen?

If you'd looked, you'd have seen the bike.

You'd better start learning before electric cars get into widespread
use....

No need, we just take another welcome fork in the evolutionary path.

Old April 6th 04, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Steve ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

You'd better start learning before electric cars get into widespread
use....

No need, we just take another welcome fork in the evolutionary path.

A good point, well made. Unfortunately, people tend to get irate if you
point out that most road deaths are of the terminally stupid, so don't
count. Apparently a stupid person requires just as much cleaning up.
Old April 6th 04, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
W K W K is offline

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 1.4...
Steve ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

You'd better start learning before electric cars get into widespread
use....

No need, we just take another welcome fork in the evolutionary path.

A good point, well made. Unfortunately, people tend to get irate if you
point out that most road deaths are of the terminally stupid

Do you include in the "terminally stupid" smartarses who think that
accidents happen to other people.

Old April 6th 04, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

"W K" wrote in message

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 1.4...
Steve ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they

were
saying :

You'd better start learning before electric cars get into widespread
use....

No need, we just take another welcome fork in the evolutionary path.

A good point, well made. Unfortunately, people tend to get irate if you
point out that most road deaths are of the terminally stupid

Do you include in the "terminally stupid" smartarses who think that
accidents happen to other people.

I would suggest that they above all fit into that bracket.

Old April 6th 04, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

W K ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

You'd better start learning before electric cars get into
widespread use....

No need, we just take another welcome fork in the evolutionary
path.

A good point, well made. Unfortunately, people tend to get irate if
you point out that most road deaths are of the terminally stupid

Do you include in the "terminally stupid" smartarses who think that
accidents happen to other people.

By definition, yes.

You'll note the inclusion of the word "most". There's relatively few
accidents involve drivers who are paying attention to what's going on
around them.

Most accidents involve one ****wit and one person who's not looking