Old April 3rd 17, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Geographic London rail map

I think versions of this very detailed French rail map of London have been
mentioned here before, but this version looks bang up to date:

http://carto.metro.free.fr/documents...ondon.v3.6.pdf

I've not spotted any errors yet.

Old April 3rd 17, 12:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2017\04\03 09:48, Recliner wrote:
I think versions of this very detailed French rail map of London have been
mentioned here before, but this version looks bang up to date:

http://carto.metro.free.fr/documents...ondon.v3.6.pdf

I've not spotted any errors yet.

It doesn't show the old terminus at Enfield Chase just west of the
current station, or Carterhatch Lane Halt, or Spa Road station, or Mark
Lane.

I'm not quite sure what's going on south of the J in Kew East
Junction... is that correct? The catch points would be more likely on
the northbound line, and why would there be a crossover there at all?
Google shows too many trees to know. My Quail for that area is 15 years
old, but shows none of that.
Old April 3rd 17, 07:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote on 03 Apr 2017 at 13:24 ...
On 2017\04\03 09:48, Recliner wrote:
I think versions of this very detailed French rail map of London have been
mentioned here before, but this version looks bang up to date:

http://carto.metro.free.fr/documents...ondon.v3.6.pdf

I've not spotted any errors yet.

It doesn't show the old terminus at Enfield Chase just west of the
current station, or Carterhatch Lane Halt, or Spa Road station, or Mark
Lane.

True, though in the case of Spa Road, the map doesn't try to show any
details like that on the main lines approaching their termini.
Westbourne Park GWR is similarly missing, for example.

I'm not quite sure what's going on south of the J in Kew East
Junction... is that correct? The catch points would be more likely on
the northbound line, and why would there be a crossover there at all?
Google shows too many trees to know. My Quail for that area is 15 years
old, but shows none of that.

I looked up an old photo of mine, taken in 2004 from the North Circular
Road bridge over the South Acton - Brentford line, and it appears to
show the remains of a crossover underneath the M4/A4 bridge. The
quality is not good but there seem to be two lengths of rail still in
position on the eastbound track, and there is also what looks like a set
of catch points on the westbound track. I'll get it online when I've
got time, or I can send it to you if you mail me (see advice below).

--
Richard J.
Old April 3rd 17, 08:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Basil Jet)
wrote:

On 2017\04\03 09:48, Recliner wrote:
I think versions of this very detailed French rail map of London have
been mentioned here before, but this version looks bang up to date:

http://carto.metro.free.fr/documents...ondon.v3.6.pdf

I've not spotted any errors yet.

It doesn't show the old terminus at Enfield Chase just west of the
current station, or Carterhatch Lane Halt, or Spa Road station, or
Mark Lane.

I'm not quite sure what's going on south of the J in Kew East
Junction... is that correct? The catch points would be more likely on
the northbound line, and why would there be a crossover there at all?
Google shows too many trees to know. My Quail for that area is 15
years old, but shows none of that.

Other old and removed facilities are missing too. There used to be a
crossover north of East Putney for example. The Midland freight depot at
High St Ken is missing too, as well as (I think) the southernmost, east
facing, bay at South Kensington.

Also, did pre-1938 Aldgate East really have separate District and
Metropolitan (now H&C) platforms?

It also shows the West Anglia (labelled "Suburban") lines out of Liverpool
St and through Bethnal Green and stations to Cheshunt as Overground only.
They are shared with GA, though services are limited north of Bethnal Green
North Junction. Nearly all West Anglia trains use the lines through Bethnal
Green to and from Liverpool St.

It also shows no access from the GW Main Line to North Pole Depot which I'm
sure is out of date.

It shows no SWT access to platform 3 at Richmond. I'm sure that was still
there when I went there last year. Has it been removed recently?

No doubt others will spot more.

--
Colin Rosenstiel