Old April 7th 17, 10:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Wooden Bus Shelters

There is a fairly new on in Mitcham.
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1...91&h l=en-US#
I couldn't get closer to it than that on Google Maps; other people might be able to.
It is Glebe Court bus stop, Mitcham CR4 3NJ.

Old April 7th 17, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote on 07 Apr 2017 at 11:50 ...
There is a fairly new on in Mitcham.
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1...91&h l=en-US#
I couldn't get closer to it than that on Google Maps; other people might be able to.
It is Glebe Court bus stop, Mitcham CR4 3NJ.

There's a better view of it at https://goo.gl/maps/o6NS9reKod52
The shelter dates from 2009-2012. It and its bus stop were originally
further south on London Road beyond the traffic lights. They were moved
to the new position last summer (Jun-Aug 2016).

--
Richard J.
Old April 7th 17, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Offramp" wrote in message
There is a fairly new on in Mitcham.
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1...91&h l=en-US#
I couldn't get closer to it than that on Google Maps; other people might
be able to.
It is Glebe Court bus stop, Mitcham CR4 3NJ.

I recognize that name

can't say that I've been there for 40 years though

tim

Old April 7th 17, 11:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Friday, 7 April 2017 12:06:34 UTC+1, Richard J. wrote:
Offramp wrote on 07 Apr 2017 at 11:50 ...
There is a fairly new on in Mitcham.
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1...91&h l=en-US#
I couldn't get closer to it than that on Google Maps; other people might be able to.
It is Glebe Court bus stop, Mitcham CR4 3NJ.

There's a better view of it at https://goo.gl/maps/o6NS9reKod52

Thanks for that! I love Google maps but it can be fiddly and almost-infuriating. A lot depends on the angle one first attacks the map at. One's attack plane seems to become stuck.

The shelter dates from 2009-2012. It and its bus stop were originally
further south on London Road beyond the traffic lights. They were moved
to the new position last summer (Jun-Aug 2016).

I have walked past it and it looks very solid. It is in a the Cricket Green conservation area.
Old April 7th 17, 11:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 12:06:30 +0100
"Richard J." wrote:

https://goo.gl/maps/o6NS9reKod52

Fire hazard...WTF is wrong with council letting
this hazard stand??

Old April 7th 17, 03:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Friday, April 7, 2017 at 12:24:41 PM UTC+1, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 12:06:30 +0100
"Richard J." wrote:

https://goo.gl/maps/o6NS9reKod52

Fire hazard...WTF is wrong with council letting
this hazard stand??

Its interesting that they don't seem any less resiliant to impact from cars that metal ones. The one at the top of my road was demolished by a car twenty or so years back, and two of its metal replacemnts have also gone the same way.

Neill
Old April 7th 17, 07:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Cars are unsafe at any speed.
Old April 8th 17, 12:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Offramp" wrote in message
On Friday, 7 April 2017 12:06:34 UTC+1, Richard J. wrote:
Offramp wrote on 07 Apr 2017 at 11:50 ...
There is a fairly new on in Mitcham.
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1...91&h l=en-US#
I couldn't get closer to it than that on Google Maps; other people
might be able to.
It is Glebe Court bus stop, Mitcham CR4 3NJ.

There's a better view of it at https://goo.gl/maps/o6NS9reKod52

Thanks for that! I love Google maps but it can be fiddly and
almost-infuriating. A lot depends on the angle one first attacks the map
at. One's attack plane seems to become stuck.

and the other thing is the way Richard posted it it is possible to return
back to the map from the street view

whereas on your post it wasn't (I had to trim the url manually)