Old May 8th 17, 09:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Blackfriars - London Bridge

On Mon, 8 May 2017 08:56:55 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
It's the main Thameslink line.

It can't be , its out of use.

Of course it's the main Thameslink line. Surely even you must know that?

I've never used thameslink south of the river so I have no idea of its route
other than it runs to brighton.

Or perhaps you've yet to hear about the little modification project at
London Bridge?

So presumably there's currently no thameslink service to london bridge and
hasn't been for quite some time.

--
Spud

Old May 22nd 17, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Monday, 8 May 2017 13:48:14 UTC+1, wrote:
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
It's the main Thameslink line.

It can't be , its out of use.

Of course it's the main Thameslink line. Surely even you must know that?

I've never used thameslink south of the river so I have no idea of its route
other than it runs to brighton.

Or perhaps you've yet to hear about the little modification project at
London Bridge?

So presumably there's currently no thameslink service to london bridge and
hasn't been for quite some time.

Not to/from the north. There are "Thameslink" trains between Brighton
and London Bridge.

Ah ok. I realise there's been a bit of chaos at london bridge but isn't that
just down to platforms or did they close some through lines too? If not why
couldn't thameslink continue to run through london bridge without stopping?

The lines you refer to were used by Thameslink for services to / from Brighton via London Bridge. They are temporarily out of service while the track alignment between Waterloo East and London Bridge is doubled and London Bridge station is rebuilt. The end result will allow a double track route from Blackfriars to the Brighton Main Line tracks south of London Bridge station. In the past there was just a single track junction from the ramp down from Blackfriars on to the lines to / from Charing Cross.

The future scenario (largely in place now) has put two new tracks used by Charing Cross trains. This leaves two full tracks for future use by Thameslink. They will also have two dedicated tracks and platforms at London Bridge and then they continue to a new flyover east of London Bridge that lifts the Thameslink route over the suburban tracks to New Cross. This means a vastly more frequent Thameslink service can be run through London Bridge. There should be 16 trains per hours via LB and 8 running south of BF via Elephant and Castle.

At present Thameslink through services are routed through suburban tracks in South London towards Croydon as well as a residual half hourly service that runs from the terminal platforms at London Bridge.

Thameslink through services over the old connecting tracks to Blackfriars resume in 2018 and built up to a full service from Dec 2018. The remaining project milestones are Jan, May and Dec 2018 in terms of restoring services and stopping patterns at or through London Bridge. That applies to South Eastern as well as Thameslink services that have been subject to extensive changes during the rebuild.

At the moment the northern end of London Bridge station is being rebuilt and trains from the Greenwich line to Cannon St are not stopping as the platforms are all being rebuilt.

HTH
--
Paul C
via Google
Old May 22nd 17, 08:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I wonder how many people have been caught out by that London Bridge to Victoria service.

Some poor stranded commuter, desperate to get to Victoria, and he sees it appear on the destination board. He jumps on!! What could be simplon?

Six hours later, bloated and dehydrated, he arrives at Victoria.

Victoria at 5am resembles a cross between Threads and The Equaliser.

He asks two cleaners how to get to West Croydon. All he hears is laughter, laughter, laughter.
Old May 22nd 17, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote:
I wonder how many people have been caught out by that London Bridge to Victoria service.

Some poor stranded commuter, desperate to get to Victoria, and he sees it
appear on the destination board. He jumps on!! What could be simplon?

Six hours later, bloated and dehydrated, he arrives at Victoria.

Victoria at 5am resembles a cross between Threads and The Equaliser.

He asks two cleaners how to get to West Croydon. All he hears is
laughter, laughter, laughter.

Does that service still operate? I thought the LO South London line
service replaced it.

Old May 22nd 17, 09:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Monday, 22 May 2017 22:28:13 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:
Offramp wrote:
I wonder how many people have been caught out by that London Bridge to Victoria service.

Some poor stranded commuter, desperate to get to Victoria, and he sees it
appear on the destination board. He jumps on!! What could be simplon?

Six hours later, bloated and dehydrated, he arrives at Victoria.

Victoria at 5am resembles a cross between Threads and The Equaliser.

He asks two cleaners how to get to West Croydon. All he hears is
laughter, laughter, laughter.

Does that service still operate? I thought the LO South London line
service replaced it.

The old South London Line service was replaced in part by the LO service to Clapham Junction. There is, I believe, another LB to Vic service via Crystal Palace and elsewhere.

--
Paul C
via Google