London Banter

-   -   675 bus route (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15458-675-bus-route.html)

Hammersmith And City Line September 18th 17 07:25 AM

675 bus route

Why is there no pictures on google of this route? its a bit suspicious. and who runs it??

Offramp September 18th 17 07:36 AM

675 bus route

On Monday, 18 September 2017 08:25:51 UTC+1, Hammersmith And City Line wrote:
Why is there no pictures on google of this route? its a bit suspicious. and who runs it??

With that number it must be a school bus. Those buses normally only run once a day in each direction, so the opportunity to photgraph them must be limited.

Roland Perry September 18th 17 08:14 AM

675 bus route

In message , at 08:50:14 on
Mon, 18 Sep 2017, remarked:
Why is there no pictures on google of this route? its a bit suspicious. and who runs it??

With that number it must be a school bus. Those buses normally only run once a day in each direction, so the opportunity to photgraph them
must be limited.

Probably not too wise to photograph a bus load of schoolchildren
nowadays either.

Are they an expected terrorist target? In Israel perhaps, but not in the
UK.

Someone Somewhere September 18th 17 09:40 AM

675 bus route

On 18/09/2017 10:19, wrote:

was once involved in running a preserved ship, we had the devils own
job one day, with a Grandparent as it happened. She demanded the
Captain take action against another passenger "who was taking pictures
of my Grandson"

Whereas of course a while back the Captain of a certain preserved ship
was the one she should actually have been concerned about in terms of
ann unhealthy interest in young boys... (allegedly, although I believe
he was coonvicted of the same eventually)

Roland Perry September 18th 17 09:58 AM

675 bus route

In message , at 10:19:50 on
Mon, 18 Sep 2017, remarked:
Why is there no pictures on google of this route? its a bit suspicious. and who runs it??

With that number it must be a school bus. Those buses normally only run once a day in each direction, so the opportunity to photgraph them
must be limited.

Probably not too wise to photograph a bus load of schoolchildren
nowadays either.

Are they an expected terrorist target? In Israel perhaps, but not in the
UK.

No, but the photographer may well be accused of being a Pedophile by a
busybody or a parent who may seem over concerned to others but really
believes anyone looking in the general direction of their children
mean them harm.

If they understood the methods used by 'genuine' pedophiles, they
wouldn't be the slightest bit concerned.

But it is worrysome that people set themselves up as vigilantes[1], when
most times they have a very low skill set and end up harassing the
innocent.

ps in the case of your troublesome ship passenger, I'd probably have a
quiet word to them about desisting from harassing the photographer, if
they don't want to be explaining their actions to the police later.

[1] In the news today!

Roland Perry September 18th 17 11:06 AM

675 bus route

In message , at 11:44:59 on
Mon, 18 Sep 2017, remarked:

Yes was being discussed on the local,the radio as I typed .
I think it is the result of various BBC Inside Out programmes having
them as a subject this evening.

Sadly, trailers for later programmes is now what passes for "news" much
of the time on BBC Breakfast.

District Line September 18th 17 11:49 AM

675 bus route

Well there is one picture.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8051/8...d9fd0abf_b.jpg

tim... September 18th 17 12:48 PM

675 bus route

"District Line" wrote in message
Well there is one picture.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8051/8...d9fd0abf_b.jpg

OMG there are three young children in the picture

Pixilate them out immediately

tim

Recliner[_3_] September 18th 17 01:31 PM

675 bus route

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 13:48:45 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"District Line" wrote in message
Well there is one picture.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8051/8...d9fd0abf_b.jpg

OMG there are three young children in the picture

Pixilate them out immediately

It's curious that there's only three: I thought kids were magnetically
attracted to the front and back seats of buses.

Offramp September 18th 17 04:52 PM

675 bus route

On Monday, 18 September 2017 14:31:51 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:

It's curious that there's only three: I thought kids were magnetically
attracted to the front and back seats of buses.

In my experience kids HATE school buses, and wait for the next available standard bus. DRIVERS hate schoolkids and will do ANYTHING to be very early or very late for the route. My local bus is the 655. I holds about 100 but it is normally about half full.

I think I use the 655 more often than the school children.