London Banter

-   -   Uber shut down in London (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15460-uber-shut-down-london.html)

Recliner[_3_] November 10th 17 02:35 PM

Uber shut down in London

Robin9 wrote:

I see Uber have just lost their appeal. They say they will take it
further of course, but I wonder what their chances are.

That's a different case.

Basil Jet[_4_] November 10th 17 09:32 PM

Uber shut down in London

On 2017\11\10 12:59, Robin9 wrote:
I see Uber have just lost their appeal. They say they will take it
further of course, but I wonder what their chances are.

They lost the case over drivers' rights, not over their fitness to
operate, although giving drivers workers' rights may damage their
business model enough to make their fitness to operate an irrelevance.