Old April 1st 04, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Default Green Party lunacy

Alan O'Brien wrote:

"BrianW" wrote:

I was a regular commuting cyclist for many years (Poynton to
Manchester University before you ask - 22 miles return journey). I
didn't ever kill or injure a single pedestrian due to any error on
my part. However I did hit a few pedestrians who seemed blissfully
unaware that I was there and walked out straight in front of me.
Lies, damned lies and statistics... (Don't ask about the car drivers
who seemed blissfully unaware that I was there.) The fact that after
doing this for nigh on 20 years I am posting this might say
something.

Do me a favour! You make it sound like the pedestrians are at fault!

As he describes it, they *were* at fault.

Green Cross Code?

I only use public transport or foot... in my entire life! (Unless
I've had a lift.)

Never even had a bike?

And they say there's no deprivation any more...

Cyclists do this really annoying thing:
You are listening out for cars as you cross the road - suddenly, when
the pushbike is right on top of you, you get this pathetic little
tinkle.
I murmur to the cyclist, 'Sorry, didn't see you.'
And then he or she RIDES AWAY SHAKING HIS OR HER HEAD.

Ah... I get it.... looks at the date

Why do cyclists look down on pedestrians as if we were pieces of
****?!

Can't answer for cyclists, but perhaps if you looked left and right *before*
crossing the road?

---