Old February 1st 18, 03:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bus Timetables

In article 788466289.539037909.411984.recliner.ng-
, Recliner
writes
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 19:45:32 on Tue, 30 Jan
2018, Bill Borland remarked:
I don't want my journey planned for me; I want to see all that is
available, and make up my own mind.

That ship sailed long ago for almost all public transport.

But not for London buses:
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/routes.htm

Airlines were the first to make timetables virtually unobtainable (maybe
25 years ago), rather than asking you when you might want to travel, and
then suggesting some flights they'd prefer you took.

My thanks to Recliner. That is exactly what I wanted. Thanks also to
the "enthusiastic amateur" who compiled these timetables.

That format must still exist somewhere in the tfl database as it is
displayed at bus stops; why the hell do they not make copies available
to the public, either on paper or on line? National Rail are much more
obliging - paper copies of the timetables for specific lines are
available at stations, often in "help yourself" racks.
--
Bill Borland

Old February 1st 18, 04:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 15:43:58 on Thu, 1 Feb 2018,
Bill Borland remarked:

National Rail are much more obliging - paper copies of the timetables
for specific lines are available at stations, often in "help yourself"
racks.

They are only available for some routes. Far too often all they produce
are summaries, and having divided the route up between concepts such as
"inner/outer suburban".
Old February 1st 18, 06:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

The other thing that TfL have apparently given up on is bus maps,
which are invaluable for those of us who like to plan our own
journeys. Again, though, there is an "enthusiastic amateur" who
produces them (http://www.busmap.co.uk/).

Chris.
Old February 1st 18, 06:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2018\02\01 16:10, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:43:58 on Thu, 1 Feb 2018,
Bill Borland remarked:

National Rail are much more obliging - paper copies of the timetables
for specific lines are available at stations, often in "help yourself"
racks.

They are only available for some routes. Far too often all they produce
are summaries, and having divided the route up between concepts such as
"inner/outer suburban".

Which NR route has no paper timetable, apart from the London Overground
& TfL Rail?

(actually, you can ask for a TfL Rail timetable at the ticket office and
they will print one off on a sheet of A4... works at Seven Kings, anyway)
Old February 1st 18, 07:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

news

Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

Yes I can't seem to find them even as a download now

Fortunately, I have saved a copy of the south half before they disappeared.
But I am missing the north

The spider maps are useless.

Old February 1st 18, 07:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 18:54:29 on Thu, 1 Feb 2018,
Basil Jet remarked:

National Rail are much more obliging - paper copies of the
timetables for specific lines are available at stations, often in
"help yourself" racks.

They are only available for some routes. Far too often all they
produce are summaries, and having divided the route up between
concepts such as "inner/outer suburban".

Which NR route has no paper timetable, apart from the London Overground
& TfL Rail?

I've never seen a proper paper timetable for Great Northern. All there
is at the station are credit-card sized pocket guides with highly
selected services. There's eight different subsets (only some of which
are available at any one station):

https://www.greatnorthernrail.com/tr...ion/plan-your-
journey/timetables
Old February 1st 18, 07:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 19:32:12 on Thu, 1 Feb
2018, Roland Perry remarked:

Which NR route has no paper timetable, apart from the London Overground
& TfL Rail?

I've never seen a proper paper timetable for Great Northern. All there
is at the station are credit-card sized pocket guides with highly
selected services. There's eight different subsets (only some of which
are available at any one station):

https://www.greatnorthernrail.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/timetables

Note for example how A7 shows services from Cambridge North to Cambridge
and Kings Cross, but omits showing all the intermediate stops south of
Cambridge.

And there's no clue [apart from the journey time] the 1906[1] from Ely
to Kings Cross is all-shacks, rather than fast from Cambridge which is
the case during the day.

[1] RTT says it's 1908, but what's 2 minutes between friends.
Old February 1st 18, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 19:45:19 on Thu, 1 Feb
2018, Roland Perry remarked:
In message , at 19:32:12 on Thu, 1 Feb
2018, Roland Perry remarked:

the 1906[1] from Ely to Kings Cross is all-shacks,

[1] RTT says it's 1908, but what's 2 minutes between friends.

oops, that's Saturdays.