Old April 2nd 04, 03:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railways

Default One West Anglia and WAP

Have just been exploring http://www.onewestanglia.com/home/ and
reading about their WAP service at
http://217.169.39.212/latest-information/wap.asp

The fools who wrote the page have the URL as www.onewestanglia.co.uk/
which doesn't work! Try it at http://www.gelon.net/

The correct URL of http://www.onewestanglia.com/ does work!

Not a good start!

Cheers,

Jason.

Old April 2nd 04, 06:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Jason" wrote in message
Have just been exploring http://www.onewestanglia.com/home/ and
reading about their WAP service at
http://217.169.39.212/latest-information/wap.asp

The fools who wrote the page have the URL as www.onewestanglia.co.uk/
which doesn't work! Try it at http://www.gelon.net/

The correct URL of http://www.onewestanglia.com/ does work!

Not a good start!

Thank you. Time will tell whether is is useful or not.

For the last couple of years I have accessed the WA live train running info
*web* page http://realtime.wagn.co.uk/?page=wa (which is still there at the
moment) from my WAP phone (an aging Nokia 8310), using the google WAP
translator to convert from HTML to WML.

(Techie details: goto the *wap* site http://www.google.com/wml and enter the
above URL into the search engine. This will take you to a
dynamically-created WML version of the page. Use your phone to bookmark it.
Then, when the departure board at at Liverpool Street says a train is
"delayed" you can find out the reason why!)

PaulO

Old April 2nd 04, 07:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Paul Oter" wrote in message
For the last couple of years I have accessed the WA live train running

info
*web* page http://realtime.wagn.co.uk/?page=wa (which is still there at

the
moment) from my WAP phone (an aging Nokia 8310), using the google WAP
translator to convert from HTML to WML.

the One West Anglia real time link is now
http://realtime.wagn.co.uk/?page=wa-one just the same but with a stretched
pic going on about one at the top.