London Banter

-   -   Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15751-siemens-wins-giant-lu-tube.html)

Recliner[_3_] June 15th 18 09:37 PM

Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order

https://www.railmagazine.com/news/network/siemens-wins-94-train-deep-tube-order

Well, well, well: Siemens has sharpened its pencil and beaten the
Bombardier-Hitachi consortium to this giant order, that should eventually
replace all the trains on four LU tube lines, starting with the Piccadilly.
I must admit that I thought Bombardier-Hitachi would be the favourite to
win this biggest-ever LU order.

Recliner[_3_] July 23rd 18 09:23 AM

Recliner wrote:
https://www.railmagazine.com/news/network/siemens-wins-94-train-deep-tube-order

Well, well, well: Siemens has sharpened its pencil and beaten the
Bombardier-Hitachi consortium to this giant order, that should eventually
replace all the trains on four LU tube lines, starting with the Piccadilly.
I must admit that I thought Bombardier-Hitachi would be the favourite to
win this biggest-ever LU order.

In further news, Bombardier and Hitachi have launched a legal challenge to
the award in the High Court:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/companies-at-war-over-contract-for-tube-trains-t9fmk2zbc?shareToken=42f2032ae87cf72aaf7fed14db6dc c34

tim... July 23rd 18 10:59 AM

"Recliner" wrote in message
Recliner wrote:
https://www.railmagazine.com/news/network/siemens-wins-94-train-deep-tube-order

Well, well, well: Siemens has sharpened its pencil and beaten the
Bombardier-Hitachi consortium to this giant order, that should eventually
replace all the trains on four LU tube lines, starting with the
Piccadilly.
I must admit that I thought Bombardier-Hitachi would be the favourite to
win this biggest-ever LU order.

In further news, Bombardier and Hitachi have launched a legal challenge to
the award in the High Court:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/companies-at-war-over-contract-for-tube-trains-t9fmk2zbc?shareToken=42f2032ae87cf72aaf7fed14db6dc c34

in one last throw of the dice

tim

Offramp July 23rd 18 12:34 PM

Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order

Does anyone know if th enew trains will be fully automatic or will they be driveable?

Recliner[_3_] July 23rd 18 02:08 PM

Offramp wrote:
Does anyone know if th enew trains will be fully automatic or will they be driveable?

Drivable.

Recliner[_3_] July 23rd 18 04:22 PM

tim... wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
Recliner wrote:
https://www.railmagazine.com/news/network/siemens-wins-94-train-deep-tube-order

Well, well, well: Siemens has sharpened its pencil and beaten the
Bombardier-Hitachi consortium to this giant order, that should eventually
replace all the trains on four LU tube lines, starting with the
Piccadilly.
I must admit that I thought Bombardier-Hitachi would be the favourite to
win this biggest-ever LU order.

In further news, Bombardier and Hitachi have launched a legal challenge to
the award in the High Court:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/companies-at-war-over-contract-for-tube-trains-t9fmk2zbc?shareToken=42f2032ae87cf72aaf7fed14db6dc c34

in one last throw of the dice

Such challenges have worked before. And even if Siemens is a good choice,
TfL may well have made procedural errors.

Offramp July 23rd 18 06:24 PM

Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order

We’re you correcting my spelling or answering the question? Both spellings are correct.

Recliner[_3_] July 23rd 18 07:57 PM

Offramp wrote:
We’re you correcting my spelling or answering the question? Both spellings are correct.

Answering your question.

The trains as delivered will have drivers in front cabs, just like the
other existing LU ATO trains. LU seems to want PEDs for driverless
operation.

Offramp July 23rd 18 08:24 PM

Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order

Thanks for the answer. I want to clarify that I was NOT being snidey, I was uncertain.

[email protected] July 24th 18 09:01 AM

Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:59:49 +0100
"tim..." wrote:
"Recliner" wrote in message

https://www.railmagazine.com/news/ne...deep-tube-orde

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...t-for-tube-tra
ins-t9fmk2zbc?shareToken=42f2032ae87cf72aaf7fed14db6dc c34

in one last throw of the dice

Throwing the sour grapes more like. Though I wonder how much of the work will
be done by Siemens in the UK. If its not much then TfL and Sadiq will have a
lot of explaining to do.