Old June 15th 18, 10:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order

https://www.railmagazine.com/news/network/siemens-wins-94-train-deep-tube-order

Well, well, well: Siemens has sharpened its pencil and beaten the
Bombardier-Hitachi consortium to this giant order, that should eventually
replace all the trains on four LU tube lines, starting with the Piccadilly.
I must admit that I thought Bombardier-Hitachi would be the favourite to
win this biggest-ever LU order.

Old July 23rd 18, 10:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Recliner wrote:
https://www.railmagazine.com/news/network/siemens-wins-94-train-deep-tube-order

Well, well, well: Siemens has sharpened its pencil and beaten the
Bombardier-Hitachi consortium to this giant order, that should eventually
replace all the trains on four LU tube lines, starting with the Piccadilly.
I must admit that I thought Bombardier-Hitachi would be the favourite to
win this biggest-ever LU order.

In further news, Bombardier and Hitachi have launched a legal challenge to
the award in the High Court:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/companies-at-war-over-contract-for-tube-trains-t9fmk2zbc?shareToken=42f2032ae87cf72aaf7fed14db6dc c34
Old July 23rd 18, 11:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Recliner" wrote in message
news
Recliner wrote:
https://www.railmagazine.com/news/network/siemens-wins-94-train-deep-tube-order

Well, well, well: Siemens has sharpened its pencil and beaten the
Bombardier-Hitachi consortium to this giant order, that should eventually
replace all the trains on four LU tube lines, starting with the
Piccadilly.
I must admit that I thought Bombardier-Hitachi would be the favourite to
win this biggest-ever LU order.

In further news, Bombardier and Hitachi have launched a legal challenge to
the award in the High Court:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/companies-at-war-over-contract-for-tube-trains-t9fmk2zbc?shareToken=42f2032ae87cf72aaf7fed14db6dc c34

in one last throw of the dice

tim

Old July 23rd 18, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Does anyone know if th enew trains will be fully automatic or will they be driveable?
Old July 23rd 18, 03:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote:
Does anyone know if th enew trains will be fully automatic or will they be driveable?

Drivable.

Old July 23rd 18, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

tim... wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
news
Recliner wrote:
https://www.railmagazine.com/news/network/siemens-wins-94-train-deep-tube-order

Well, well, well: Siemens has sharpened its pencil and beaten the
Bombardier-Hitachi consortium to this giant order, that should eventually
replace all the trains on four LU tube lines, starting with the
Piccadilly.
I must admit that I thought Bombardier-Hitachi would be the favourite to
win this biggest-ever LU order.

In further news, Bombardier and Hitachi have launched a legal challenge to
the award in the High Court:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/companies-at-war-over-contract-for-tube-trains-t9fmk2zbc?shareToken=42f2032ae87cf72aaf7fed14db6dc c34

in one last throw of the dice

Such challenges have worked before. And even if Siemens is a good choice,
TfL may well have made procedural errors.
Old July 23rd 18, 07:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

We’re you correcting my spelling or answering the question? Both spellings are correct.
Old July 23rd 18, 08:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote:
We’re you correcting my spelling or answering the question? Both spellings are correct.

Answering your question.

The trains as delivered will have drivers in front cabs, just like the
other existing LU ATO trains. LU seems to want PEDs for driverless
operation.

Old July 23rd 18, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Thanks for the answer. I want to clarify that I was NOT being snidey, I was uncertain.
Old July 24th 18, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:59:49 +0100
"tim..." wrote:
"Recliner" wrote in message
news

https://www.railmagazine.com/news/ne...deep-tube-orde

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...t-for-tube-tra
ins-t9fmk2zbc?shareToken=42f2032ae87cf72aaf7fed14db6dc c34

in one last throw of the dice

Throwing the sour grapes more like. Though I wonder how much of the work will
be done by Siemens in the UK. If its not much then TfL and Sadiq will have a
lot of explaining to do.