London Transport (uk.transport.london) Discussion of all forms of transport in London.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old June 15th 18, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order

https://www.railmagazine.com/news/network/siemens-wins-94-train-deep-tube-order

Well, well, well: Siemens has sharpened its pencil and beaten the
Bombardier-Hitachi consortium to this giant order, that should eventually
replace all the trains on four LU tube lines, starting with the Piccadilly.
I must admit that I thought Bombardier-Hitachi would be the favourite to
win this biggest-ever LU order.


  #2   Report Post  
Old July 23rd 18, 09:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order

Recliner wrote:
https://www.railmagazine.com/news/network/siemens-wins-94-train-deep-tube-order

Well, well, well: Siemens has sharpened its pencil and beaten the
Bombardier-Hitachi consortium to this giant order, that should eventually
replace all the trains on four LU tube lines, starting with the Piccadilly.
I must admit that I thought Bombardier-Hitachi would be the favourite to
win this biggest-ever LU order.


In further news, Bombardier and Hitachi have launched a legal challenge to
the award in the High Court:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/companies-at-war-over-contract-for-tube-trains-t9fmk2zbc?shareToken=42f2032ae87cf72aaf7fed14db6dc c34
  #3   Report Post  
Old July 23rd 18, 10:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Feb 2016
Posts: 718
Default Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order



"Recliner" wrote in message
news
Recliner wrote:
https://www.railmagazine.com/news/network/siemens-wins-94-train-deep-tube-order

Well, well, well: Siemens has sharpened its pencil and beaten the
Bombardier-Hitachi consortium to this giant order, that should eventually
replace all the trains on four LU tube lines, starting with the
Piccadilly.
I must admit that I thought Bombardier-Hitachi would be the favourite to
win this biggest-ever LU order.


In further news, Bombardier and Hitachi have launched a legal challenge to
the award in the High Court:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/companies-at-war-over-contract-for-tube-trains-t9fmk2zbc?shareToken=42f2032ae87cf72aaf7fed14db6dc c34


in one last throw of the dice

tim



  #4   Report Post  
Old July 23rd 18, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: May 2007
Posts: 1,128
Default Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order

Does anyone know if th enew trains will be fully automatic or will they be driveable?
  #5   Report Post  
Old July 23rd 18, 02:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order

Offramp wrote:
Does anyone know if th enew trains will be fully automatic or will they be driveable?


Drivable.



  #6   Report Post  
Old July 23rd 18, 04:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order

tim... wrote:


"Recliner" wrote in message
news
Recliner wrote:
https://www.railmagazine.com/news/network/siemens-wins-94-train-deep-tube-order

Well, well, well: Siemens has sharpened its pencil and beaten the
Bombardier-Hitachi consortium to this giant order, that should eventually
replace all the trains on four LU tube lines, starting with the
Piccadilly.
I must admit that I thought Bombardier-Hitachi would be the favourite to
win this biggest-ever LU order.


In further news, Bombardier and Hitachi have launched a legal challenge to
the award in the High Court:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/companies-at-war-over-contract-for-tube-trains-t9fmk2zbc?shareToken=42f2032ae87cf72aaf7fed14db6dc c34


in one last throw of the dice


Such challenges have worked before. And even if Siemens is a good choice,
TfL may well have made procedural errors.
  #7   Report Post  
Old July 23rd 18, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: May 2007
Posts: 1,128
Default Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order

We’re you correcting my spelling or answering the question? Both spellings are correct.
  #8   Report Post  
Old July 23rd 18, 07:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,677
Default Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order

Offramp wrote:
We’re you correcting my spelling or answering the question? Both spellings are correct.


Answering your question.

The trains as delivered will have drivers in front cabs, just like the
other existing LU ATO trains. LU seems to want PEDs for driverless
operation.

  #9   Report Post  
Old July 23rd 18, 08:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: May 2007
Posts: 1,128
Default Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order

Thanks for the answer. I want to clarify that I was NOT being snidey, I was uncertain.
  #10   Report Post  
Old July 24th 18, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Sep 2017
Posts: 290
Default Siemens wins giant LU Tube train order

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 11:59:49 +0100
"tim..." wrote:
"Recliner" wrote in message
news
Recliner wrote:

https://www.railmagazine.com/news/ne...deep-tube-orde
r

Well, well, well: Siemens has sharpened its pencil and beaten the
Bombardier-Hitachi consortium to this giant order, that should eventually
replace all the trains on four LU tube lines, starting with the
Piccadilly.
I must admit that I thought Bombardier-Hitachi would be the favourite to
win this biggest-ever LU order.


In further news, Bombardier and Hitachi have launched a legal challenge to
the award in the High Court:


https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...t-for-tube-tra
ins-t9fmk2zbc?shareToken=42f2032ae87cf72aaf7fed14db6dc c34

in one last throw of the dice


Throwing the sour grapes more like. Though I wonder how much of the work will
be done by Siemens in the UK. If its not much then TfL and Sadiq will have a
lot of explaining to do.



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Siemens Inspiro LUL Mock-Up [email protected] London Transport 5 October 19th 13 02:09 PM
Tube driver wins claim for unfair dismissal - strikes off? Mizter T London Transport 17 June 25th 11 09:35 AM
Siemens hid kit just sale $45/pc [email protected] London Transport 0 January 19th 08 02:16 AM
First Group wins Thames Franchise Stevie London Transport 9 November 5th 03 08:03 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 London Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about London Transport"

 

Copyright © 2017