Old October 7th 18, 06:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kentish Town to Gravesend

I was at Kentish Town today. I was searching out filming locations for the Victor Spinetti radio series “Tony’s” but some ****ing know-it-all told me that radio series don’t have locations.

On the way back I saw that there was a train, Kentish Town to Gravesend, 16:26 from that ghastly platform 3, from which no train departs.

It was going through Greenwich and Deptford and Woolwich. Strange train.

AN interesting concept badly carried out.

Old October 7th 18, 08:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 07/10/2018 19:25, Offramp wrote:
I was at Kentish Town today. I was searching out filming locations for the Victor Spinetti radio series “Tony’s” but some ****ing know-it-all told me that radio series don’t have locations.

Err, how do I put this, the clue is in the word "radio".

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old October 7th 18, 08:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 07/10/2018 21:20, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 07/10/2018 19:25, Offramp wrote:
I was at Kentish Town today. I was searching out filming locations for
the Victor Spinetti radio series “Tony’s” but some ****ing know-it-all
told me that radio series don’t have locations.

Err, how do I put this, the clue is in the word "radio".

Many radio shows are based on events in real locations, and one or two
have even been recorded at the place where the events depicted took place.

Not all radio shows are fictional, and not all shows are recorded in a
studio.

What they don't have is "filming", though, if that's what you meant.

What do they call it now it's all on hard drives and SD cards, anyway?
Probably taping,as the video guys still call it filming.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old October 7th 18, 08:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sunday, 7 October 2018 21:20:20 UTC+1, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 07/10/2018 19:25, Offramp wrote:
I was at Kentish Town today. I was searching out filming locations

I was joking. I should've put a smiley.
Old October 7th 18, 09:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 07/10/2018 21:30, John Williamson wrote:
On 07/10/2018 21:20, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 07/10/2018 19:25, Offramp wrote:
I was at Kentish Town today. I was searching out filming locations
for the Victor Spinetti radio series “Tony’s” but some ****ing
know-it-all told me that radio series don’t have locations.

Err, how do I put this, the clue is in the word "radio".

Many radio shows are based on events in real locations, and one or two
have even been recorded at the place where the events depicted took place.
Not all radio shows are fictional, and not all shows are recorded in a
studio.

What they don't have is "filming", though, if that's what you meant.

Exactly

What do they call it now it's all on hard drives and SD cards, anyway?
Probably taping,as the video guys still call it filming.

Recording usually.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old October 7th 18, 09:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 07/10/2018 21:33, Offramp wrote:
On Sunday, 7 October 2018 21:20:20 UTC+1, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 07/10/2018 19:25, Offramp wrote:
I was at Kentish Town today. I was searching out filming locations

I was joking. I should've put a smiley.

Sorry, couldn't resist it :-)

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old October 8th 18, 10:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 07/10/2018 19:25, Offramp wrote:
I was at Kentish Town today.

On the way back I saw that there was a train, Kentish Town to Gravesend, 16:26 from that ghastly platform 3, from which no train departs.

It was going through Greenwich and Deptford and Woolwich. Strange train.

AN interesting concept badly carried out.

I'm not sure what point you're making.

--
Basil Jet - listening... S.Y.P.H.. SPK. Saccharine Trust. Saint Etienne.
San Fermin. Sananda Maitreya (Terence Trent D'Arby). Sarah Cracknell.
Old October 8th 18, 04:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 21:30:19 +0100, John Williamson
wrote:

On 07/10/2018 21:20, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 07/10/2018 19:25, Offramp wrote:
I was at Kentish Town today. I was searching out filming locations for
the Victor Spinetti radio series Tonys but some ****ing know-it-all
told me that radio series dont have locations.

Err, how do I put this, the clue is in the word "radio".

Many radio shows are based on events in real locations, and one or two
have even been recorded at the place where the events depicted took place.

Plays broadcast on Radio 4 are sometimes recorded on location. I have
no idea why or what advantage, if any, it is supposed to offer.
Old October 8th 18, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On 07/10/2018 21:20, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 07/10/2018 19:25, Offramp wrote:
I was at Kentish Town today. I was searching out filming locations for
the Victor Spinetti radio series “Tony’s” but some ****ing know-it-all
told me that radio series don’t have locations.

Err, how do I put this, the clue is in the word "radio".

Many radio shows are based on events in real locations, and one or two
have even been recorded at the place where the events depicted took place.

Plays broadcast on Radio 4 are sometimes recorded on location. I have
no idea why or what advantage, if any, it is supposed to offer.

Do you think the BBC is trying to advantage for its viewers/listeners?

Old October 8th 18, 06:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On 07/10/2018 21:20, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 07/10/2018 19:25, Offramp wrote:
I was at Kentish Town today. I was searching out filming locations for
the Victor Spinetti radio series “Tony’s” but some ****ing know-it-all
told me that radio series don’t have locations.

Err, how do I put this, the clue is in the word "radio".

Many radio shows are based on events in real locations, and one or two
have even been recorded at the place where the events depicted took place.

Plays broadcast on Radio 4 are sometimes recorded on location. I have
no idea why or what advantage, if any, it is supposed to offer.

The atmosphere of the place is reckoned to improve the performances.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.